Who's disappointed Rory Stewart didn't get into the next round? Watch

Kinyonga
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Old news now, I suppose, but I must say I really hoped he'd be our next PM. Anyone else want to moan about this loss to our country? (Or maybe it's just me heh)
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
Old news now, I suppose, but I must say I really hoped he'd be our next PM. Anyone else want to moan about this loss to our country? (Or maybe it's just me heh)
No, I dont believe for one minute he was doing what he genuinely believed in. A good political game he played which will win him alot of money.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nobody who believes removing the possibility of no-deal from the Brexit negotiations is a sensible negotiating tactic should be placed in charge of a tap, never mind the government.
Last edited by Good bloke; 4 weeks ago
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kinyonga)
He would have ruined the nation. Anyone who negotiates with another person and does not have the option to walk away is an idiot.

He was Theresa May level 2 and would have kept the country in limbo for years until he got kicked out.
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
maybe his wife is.
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Disappointed? Yep.

Remotely surprised? Nope.

I can't believe I'm in a position where I'll breath a sigh of relief to see Hunt or Gove made prime minister.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I hope to see him more in the future. He'd make a great leader of the Labour Party...
TS33
Report 4 weeks ago
Me
TS33
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
I hope to see him more in the future. He'd make a great leader of the Labour Party...
No
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
No No and super no
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No.
He would have made a terrible negotiator, political leader and PM.
One of the worst political poker players I've ever seen.
Limited skillset, appalling assessment of the other players, overplayed his hand and gave away his game immediately.
He would have financially ruined Britain, ended his tenure of 10 Downing Street the same way as Callaghan and made the Conservative Party unelectable for decades.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
it is so confusing.... was he the one who said TM should have had children, or the one who was a doctor, or the one with a shiny head ?

:dontknow:
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by the bear)
it is so confusing.... was he the one who said TM should have had children, or the one who was a doctor, or the one with a shiny head ?

:dontknow:
He is the one who stole another man’s wife. The one who refused to work in Boris Johnson’s Government. The one who probably was a spy for MI6.
Royal Oak
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He reminded me of a stick insect. What a weirdo
999tigger
Report 4 weeks ago
Never listened to the rest but he was the only one that was upfront about saying its a no deal brexit because they arent going to negotiate and there is no time.
RazzzBerries
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
No.
He would have made a terrible negotiator, political leader and PM.
One of the worst political poker players I've ever seen.
Limited skillset, appalling assessment of the other players, overplayed his hand and gave away his game immediately.
He would have financially ruined Britain, ended his tenure of 10 Downing Street the same way as Callaghan and made the Conservative Party unelectable for decades.
Sorry Rory, but yeah I agree with you londonmyst :lol:
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No. I am more disappointed about Gove disappearing may of made the hustings more interesting. Whatever you think of Gove he's a great orator.
Last edited by Themysticalegg; 4 weeks ago
DragonsOfAsshai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As soon as he said on the debate that he wouldn't renegotiate Theresa May's deal he was doomed to lose
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
He's a scruffy tosser. Looks weird too.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Royal Oak)
He reminded me of a stick insect. What a weirdo
Mm, stick insect, true. I was thinking more of a newt.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (49)
54.44%
No (41)
45.56%

Watched Threads