The Student Room Group

Constantly being called a slut

... and right now I'm starting to really believe it.

I'm the first to admit that I don't have a sexual history to be proud of. I lost my virginity to a drunken one-night stand and got a lot of stick for it, which to a certain degree I deserved. I've since slept with 3 other guys who were all boyfriends (I'm 18 not btw) but my dear prudish friends, who i do like to confide in, sadly no more, seem to delight in telling me that I put out too soon, that they only want me 'cause I'm easy.

Recently I got very hurt by an ex-boyfriend who was admittedly only using me for sex. I didnt stop 'cause I believed I was in love with him. Never once did he return the favour other than in the form of a good rodgering. It got me down so much that I did end things, without a sliver of support from my friends.

I'm definately not shy about my sexuality, but do i really deserve to be called a slut all the time? It's not like I've got a different guy every week and I've admitted my mistakes. Could really do with some honest oppinions from some outside parties.....

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't think you sound like a slut. You've had sex with your boyfriends and are comfortable with yourself. They sound like prudes. Jealous prudes!
not a slut, maybe a little naive though
Reply 3
Admitting mistakes doesn't mean anything.

Not repeating them is what's important.
I don't think you deserve to be called a slut. I'm afraid I can't expand, but you don't deserve it.
Reply 5
You're not a slut! It seems jealousy is what's going on here. Just ignore it. My friends are quite similar in this aspect just because I had sex with someone who I wasn't in a relationship with. I didn't regret it, it's what I wanted, so I didn't see why it bothered them. It's your life, your decisions, if you feel what you're doing is right, then that's all that matters.
Its the 21st century ffs I thought you had to do a hell of a lot more to be considered a slut now. If you're a slut I'm quite definately in the realms of the man slag and plenty of people I know must be some of the most morally depraved people on the planet.
But no you're definately not 4 isnt a big number and they've all been in relationships so if you're happy with it then dont let anyone tell you otherwise.
Reply 7
MSB
Admitting mistakes doesn't mean anything.

Not repeating them is what's important.

That's probably where I'm going wrong. Some good advice. Thanks...
Reply 8
I'm 18 too, slept with 7 people - IMO it's no biggie. One of my mates is 17 and slept with 11. In today's society that still isn't a lot. I'm glad I don't have your friends.

PM me if you want a new non-judgemental friend :biggrin: x
I wouldn't say slut, just maybe you rush a little to much into bed with these guys. Seems to me you do just want sex in a relationship.
Anonymous

I'm definately not shy about my sexuality, but do i really deserve to be called a slut all the time? It's not like I've got a different guy every week and I've admitted my mistakes. Could really do with some honest oppinions from some outside parties.....

You might want to:

1) Stop worrying.
2) **** your judgemental "friends" (while listening to this)
3) Read this - Very interesting and timely......
Reply 11
well if people say it then it must be true,

just look at how religion has spread
Reply 12
Slut is such a sexist term - & view some people have :mad: imo sluts are people who use, cheat on their boyfriends etc.

You just like sex, there's nothing wrong with that ignor your friends :smile:
Reply 13
To be honest I find people being labelled a slut is based FAR more on their behaviour and manner than how many people they have slept with.

People who wear revealing clothes and flirt a lot in my school are picked on and called sluts far more than girls who have slept with 3 times as many people but are more shy.
Reply 14
As others have said. No, you're not a slut.

For starters, you were in a relationship with 3 of the people you slept with.
Another thing is that you don't have a history of one night stands. More than 3 or 4 every month or 2, then perhaps, but just the 1? Nopes.

My advice wuld be to hold off for a bit if you aren't sure what the person's after - get to know them before the sex. If they can't wait, they're not good enough for you.

But, no, you are definately not a slut (gosh, I hate that word!).

As long as you have no regrets, then sod what everyone else thinks!

*hugs*
Reply 15
You're definitely NOT a slut.
My best friend lost her virginity 8 months ago and has slept with 3 people. Ok, that sounds a lot, but no one would even remotely consider calling her a slag because the first was a relationship which ended quickly, the second was a one night stand with a love interest that wasn't going to go anywhere (was a way of finalising it I guess) but it was mutual and no big deal and the third is her current boyfriend who is lovely and she loves lots etcetc.

Your friends sound like horribly unsupportive people :frown: You can have one of the special tsr hugs :hugs: for being used by a guy for sex cos that's a really horrible feeling.

Not because of the slut namecalling, but purely for your own happiness it's probably better if you get to know the guy a lot better before sleeping with him, so you know he likes you for you and isn't "just after one thing" as the old saying goes.

Hope this helped :smile: xx
Reply 16
3 people does not sound like a lot. Many girls I know are into double figures.
nah as far as i'm concerned you wouldnt be called a slut, a slut doesnt really have much to do with how many men you've slept with anyway i think its more to do with having loose morals and by what you've said yours don't seem too bad to be honest, to be honest you sound a little bit like me! feel free to PM me! x
Reply 18
Whats your number?
Reply 19
I think it's already been said but no you're not a slut. 4 people is not that many. I class a slut as someone who has one night stands all the time, which yours weren't.

Latest

Trending

Trending