Turn on thread page Beta

... and right now I'm starting to really believe it.

I'm the first to admit that I don't have a sexual history to be proud of. I lost my virginity to a drunken one-night stand and got a lot of stick for it, which to a certain degree I deserved. I've since slept with 3 other guys who were all boyfriends (I'm 18 not btw) but my dear prudish friends, who i do like to confide in, sadly no more, seem to delight in telling me that I put out too soon, that they only want me 'cause I'm easy.

Recently I got very hurt by an ex-boyfriend who was admittedly only using me for sex. I didnt stop 'cause I believed I was in love with him. Never once did he return the favour other than in the form of a good rodgering. It got me down so much that I did end things, without a sliver of support from my friends.

I'm definately not shy about my sexuality, but do i really deserve to be called a slut all the time? It's not like I've got a different guy every week and I've admitted my mistakes. Could really do with some honest oppinions from some outside parties.....

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you sound like a slut. You've had sex with your boyfriends and are comfortable with yourself. They sound like prudes. Jealous prudes!

ReputationRep:
    not a slut, maybe a little naive though

ReputationRep:
    Admitting mistakes doesn't mean anything.

Not repeating them is what's important.

I don't think you deserve to be called a slut. I'm afraid I can't expand, but you don't deserve it.

ReputationRep:
    You're not a slut! It seems jealousy is what's going on here. Just ignore it. My friends are quite similar in this aspect just because I had sex with someone who I wasn't in a relationship with. I didn't regret it, it's what I wanted, so I didn't see why it bothered them. It's your life, your decisions, if you feel what you're doing is right, then that's all that matters.

ReputationRep:
    Its the 21st century ffs I thought you had to do a hell of a lot more to be considered a slut now. If you're a slut I'm quite definately in the realms of the man **** and plenty of people I know must be some of the most morally depraved people on the planet.
    But no you're definately not 4 isnt a big number and they've all been in relationships so if you're happy with it then dont let anyone tell you otherwise.

(Original post by MSB)
    Admitting mistakes doesn't mean anything.

Not repeating them is what's important.
    That's probably where I'm going wrong. Some good advice. Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 too, slept with 7 people - IMO it's no biggie. One of my mates is 17 and slept with 11. In today's society that still isn't a lot. I'm glad I don't have your friends.

PM me if you want a new non-judgemental friend x
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I wouldn't say slut, just maybe you rush a little to much into bed with these guys. Seems to me you do just want sex in a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm definately not shy about my sexuality, but do i really deserve to be called a slut all the time? It's not like I've got a different guy every week and I've admitted my mistakes. Could really do with some honest oppinions from some outside parties.....
    You might want to:

1) Stop worrying.
    2) **** your judgemental "friends" (while listening to this)
    3) Read this - Very interesting and timely......

ReputationRep:
    well if people say it then it must be true,

just look at how religion has spread

ReputationRep:
    Slut is such a sexist term - & view some people have :mad: imo sluts are people who use, cheat on their boyfriends etc.

You just like sex, there's nothing wrong with that ignor your friends

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I find people being labelled a slut is based FAR more on their behaviour and manner than how many people they have slept with.

People who wear revealing clothes and flirt a lot in my school are picked on and called sluts far more than girls who have slept with 3 times as many people but are more shy.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said. No, you're not a slut.

For starters, you were in a relationship with 3 of the people you slept with.
    Another thing is that you don't have a history of one night stands. More than 3 or 4 every month or 2, then perhaps, but just the 1? Nopes.

My advice wuld be to hold off for a bit if you aren't sure what the person's after - get to know them before the sex. If they can't wait, they're not good enough for you.

But, no, you are definately not a slut (gosh, I hate that word!).

As long as you have no regrets, then sod what everyone else thinks!

*hugs*

ReputationRep:
    You're definitely NOT a slut.
    My best friend lost her virginity 8 months ago and has slept with 3 people. Ok, that sounds a lot, but no one would even remotely consider calling her a **** because the first was a relationship which ended quickly, the second was a one night stand with a love interest that wasn't going to go anywhere (was a way of finalising it I guess) but it was mutual and no big deal and the third is her current boyfriend who is lovely and she loves lots etcetc.

Your friends sound like horribly unsupportive people You can have one of the special tsr hugs :hugs: for being used by a guy for sex cos that's a really horrible feeling.

Not because of the slut namecalling, but purely for your own happiness it's probably better if you get to know the guy a lot better before sleeping with him, so you know he likes you for you and isn't "just after one thing" as the old saying goes.

Hope this helped xx

ReputationRep:
    3 people does not sound like a lot. Many girls I know are into double figures.

ReputationRep:
    nah as far as i'm concerned you wouldnt be called a slut, a slut doesnt really have much to do with how many men you've slept with anyway i think its more to do with having loose morals and by what you've said yours don't seem too bad to be honest, to be honest you sound a little bit like me! feel free to PM me! x

ReputationRep:
    Whats your number?

ReputationRep:
    I think it's already been said but no you're not a slut. 4 people is not that many. I class a slut as someone who has one night stands all the time, which yours weren't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.