nichola1992
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
I am looking to apply for a student loan next year to start uni in September 2020, I am over 25 I understand I am classed as an independent student, do I still have to provide evidence of income and if so would a tax summary be okay and bank statements?
I have a tax summary for one year, a p60 for another showing earning over £10,000 and a p60 for another only showing £5,000 but that is because I was off sick for a lot of that year. However I have 8 years of bank statements, where a lot of those years I earnt over £10,000, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by nichola1992)
I am looking to apply for a student loan next year to start uni in September 2020, I am over 25 I understand I am classed as an independent student, do I still have to provide evidence of income and if so would a tax summary be okay and bank statements?
I have a tax summary for one year, a p60 for another showing earning over £10,000 and a p60 for another only showing £5,000 but that is because I was off sick for a lot of that year. However I have 8 years of bank statements, where a lot of those years I earnt over £10,000, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
Hi there,

Yes as you are over 25 you will be classed as an independent student. You will not need to provide evidence of your income.

If you have a living with a partner or have a spouse, they will need to provide their income details in order to assess you for the higher amount of Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (189)
19.13%
Labour (424)
42.91%
Liberal Democrats (191)
19.33%
Green Party (53)
5.36%
Brexit Party (26)
2.63%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.4%
SNP (12)
1.21%
Plaid Cymru (10)
1.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.2%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (2)