Why should you definitely do your degree in Liverpool as an International Student!!!

Watch
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago

Why should you definitely do your degree in Liverpool as an International Student!!!

As I mentioned in my opening forum post of the ‘International Student’s Guide to Studying in the UK’, Liverpool is a great city to study and grow as an International student. Here are a few reasons why I believe Liverpool is one of the best cities to study in as an International student.

1. Home to four amazing universities. :borat:

Liverpool Hope University, University of Liverpool, John Moores University and the Liverpool Institue of Performing Arts are all located within the city. This means that there are plenty of opportunities to meet new people and make life-long friendships in our great city with a significant student population.

1. The people are really friendly and helpful. :console:

On my first weekend in the city, I got lost looking for a supermarket. Thankfully, a stranger recognised that I was lost and walked me around the corner to where I needed to go. The fact is that my story is not out of the ordinary. In 2018, Liverpool was voted the kindest and most helpful city in England.[1] Liverpool welcomes everyone that comes to the city and is a home for many people from around the world.

1. The city is packed full of culture. :lfc:

The International Slavery Museum, Albert Docks, St Georges Hall, the central library, the Tate Art Gallery, the Beatles Museum and the Cathedrals. These are just a few of the places you can visit as a student of Liverpool. In fact, Liverpool has the most listed buildings in the UK outside of London and the oldest Chinese community in Europe. If you still don’t believe me that Liverpool is bursting with culture, in 2008 Liverpool was named the cultural hub of Europe.[2]

1. There are loads of places in the city to eat out and enjoy the independence that being a student brings. :eating:

If you want to go out into the city and have a great evening, Liverpool is the place for you. Including, but certainly not limited to; Bold Street, Liverpool One, Lark Lane, Matthew Street, China Town, Baltic Market and Allerton Road. These areas are packed with iconic restaurants and bars which students’ regular use during their studies.

1. The city has one of the best nightlife scenes in the UK.:banana:

It's official, Liverpool is one of the best cities in the UK for student nightlife. Concert Square is legendary for being the centre of Liverpool’s student nightlife, being packed full of clubs and bars. If you are into your events and live music, the Baltic Triangle is the place for you. But if you want a quiet drink with your friends, Matthew Street and Smithdown Road are the places for you. Liverpool caters for all and there is always somewhere to go and hang with friends.

1. Living in Liverpool is super-affordable. :adore:

For students, living somewhere affordable is super important as it means we can spend our money on a cultural experience, meals out with friends and fun nights out. Therefore, you don't want to spend loads of money on rent and other living costs. One of the best things about Liverpool is that accommodation in the city is not expensive and a night out in town will not break the bank.

Signing off

Dom S

Check out last weeks ‘International Students Guide to studying in the United Kingdom’: Ongoing support available for international students.

Also part of the International Students Guide to studying in the United Kingdom’:

10 Myths the International Students should ignore about studying in the UK.

[1] https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news...ty-uk-12608473
[2] https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...08-767940.html
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by TSR_Ollie)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads