apprenticeships and disability /mental health Watch

hypaspud182
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i have bipolar and Adhd. i was called inti a meeting cause i had a blip last week at work. they asked me very personal questions about my mental health and said they were going to monitor me for any unusual behaviours.

But did ask if i was coping with the 40 hour week. i know u have to do a minimum of 30 hours for an apprenticeship but i think this is exempt if ur classed as having a disability. i would like a reduction in hours as it is affecting my MH but im worried they will sack me on medical grounds cause i cant fulfil the requirements of the contract.

does anyone know anything about this and my rights?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hypaspud182)
i have bipolar and Adhd. i was called inti a meeting cause i had a blip last week at work. they asked me very personal questions about my mental health and said they were going to monitor me for any unusual behaviours.

But did ask if i was coping with the 40 hour week. i know u have to do a minimum of 30 hours for an apprenticeship but i think this is exempt if ur classed as having a disability. i would like a reduction in hours as it is affecting my MH but im worried they will sack me on medical grounds cause i cant fulfil the requirements of the contract.

does anyone know anything about this and my rights?
you can ask for reasonable adjustments but they can say what's reasonable and if you working a lot less hours doesn't work for them as a business then yes they could let you go. Speak to the CAB for advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (112)
58.33%
No (80)
41.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise