The Student Room Group

Don't you hate it when

you pick up your phone to brush up your make-up but it unlocks because of the stupid face id and you are just staring at your home screen?

Like I just wanna look pretty. Why must you do me dirty like this, Mr. ****???
Reply 1
Can't say I do
Yes because I put on make-up :rolleyes:
Original post by Shimo
Can't say I do

Natural beauty ftw
I always just use a mirror.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I always just use a mirror.

What if you are outside and don't have a washroom nearby. Do you use a compact?
Reply 6
I have seen women with flip-open phone cases which have a mirror on the interior. Could be useful?
Original post by Ben878 (LfL)
I have seen women with flip-open phone cases which have a mirror on the interior. Could be useful?

I thought about that but that would just make the phone heavier and I already think it's quite heavy. There is no winning in life :sad:
Original post by batter mix
What if you are outside and don't have a washroom nearby. Do you use a compact?

Yeah I always have a powder compact on me!
Reply 9
Yeah, harder to fix the corpse paint then
No because I haven't set up the face ID on my phone. If it's that much of a problem for you, you could disable it and then you don't have to worry about it anymore.
Original post by DrawTheLine
No because I haven't set up the face ID on my phone. If it's that much of a problem for you, you could disable it and then you don't have to worry about it anymore.

But even without the face id, the phone kinda lights up and the lock screen comes on as soon as you pick it up. You then have to lock it again for it go black, which is the same as face id. So disabling it wouldn't do much :sad:
But even without the face id, the phone kinda lights up and the lock screen comes on as soon as you pick it up. You then have to lock it again for it go black, which is the same as face id. So disabling it wouldn't do much :sad:

Could you not disable that too? Depends on what phone you have of course, but on mine I turned off all of that "always on" or "light up when picked up" stuff. Even if you can't or don't want to disable that stuff, you only have to click on a button to turn it off so it isn't really a huge problem.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Could you not disable that too? Depends on what phone you have of course, but on mine I turned off all of that "always on" or "light up when picked up" stuff. Even if you can't or don't want to disable that stuff, you only have to click on a button to turn it off so it isn't really a huge problem.

I hadn't thought of that. I'll check out the settings :tongue:

And yes I know it isn't a huge problem. Hell, it isn't even a problem. It's just a mere inconvenience. But I am trying to be overdramatic here :sad:
I hadn't thought of that. I'll check out the settings :tongue:

And yes I know it isn't a huge problem. Hell, it isn't even a problem. It's just a mere inconvenience. But I am trying to be overdramatic here :sad:

Haha yeah first thing I did when I got my phone was disable all of those crappy things. Makes life more annoying having your screen randomly light up when all you want to do is pick it up
I thought about that but that would just make the phone heavier and I already think it's quite heavy. There is no winning in life :sad:

A phone is heavy? How do you manage to carry a bag of shopping then?
Original post by Kinyonga
A phone is heavy? How do you manage to carry a bag of shopping then?

Let me correct that. *relatively heavy. Plus I am carrying my phone all the time but I unfortunately only shop on random weekends.

Also a shopping bag has my happiness in it. I might not be lifting more than 10kgs in the gym but get me 20 bags and I won't even complain :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest