Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    In all the ratings maths is said to be one of the hardest subjects, but i find it surprisingly easy? and i think there is many people who may agree. i think subjects like english lit are the killers lol

ReputationRep:
    Depends what you're good at. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. (Mine happens to be Kryptonite)

ReputationRep:
    Just depends on ya brain I think, I mean I barely scraped through GCSE maths, so for me its like instant death.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on each person some people are the opposite of you so you can't really tell

ReputationRep:
    I found Maths hard and English a breeze... hence its playing to your strengths. Still scraped a B in maths though heehee

ReputationRep:
    i can enjoy sitting a maths exam but sitting an english exam would be slow death for me

ReputationRep:
    Like everyone here has already said depends on who you are. Tell a professional artist to do some maths and he may die, get him to paint a picture and it will look amazing. Same with you, give you a paintbrush you might paint a piece of **** but do amazing in maths

ReputationRep:
    it really depends on you to be honest... but one thing i have found with maths is that after an exam you can actually tell how well you did because answers are either right or wrong... but to an extent with english it is opinionated so you dont know for sure if you have done amazingly well.

ReputationRep:
    It's probably my easiest compared to biology chemistry RS...

ReputationRep:
    I crashed and burned in Maths. twice. In two different school systems. So yes, I find it impossible.

Whereas English has always been simple.

It depends on the person.

ReputationRep:
    I find it lots easier than Geography which most people find ok but I HATE!!
    But I think French is 10000 times easier than Maths.
    So yeah, depends.

ReputationRep:
    i think if your good at maths then its an extremely easy subject to get an A in

ReputationRep:
    Do further maths if you think it's that easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgeElsworth)
    In all the ratings maths is said to be one of the hardest subjects, but i find it surprisingly easy? and i think there is many people who may agree. i think subjects like english lit are the killers lol
    I think it's the easiest to pick up. 6 months before GCSE exams I was on a grade D, I crammed and crammed and now I'm getting As in Alevel

ReputationRep:
    well i wish i did do further maths

ReputationRep:
    i dont think maths is really that challenging, and getting an A is far too easy, further maths i expect is much more of a challenge, and effort is required for an A

ReputationRep:
    for u it's easy. maybe not for someone else. different people have different talents. don't see the point of this discussion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgeElsworth)
    i dont think maths is really that challenging, and getting an A is far too easy, further maths i expect is much more of a challenge, and effort is required for an A
    Somehow I agree with that - I found it quite straightforward when I did it last year compared to AS Chemistry and Physics.Splitting P1 - P3 into C1 - C4 has meant that C1 is stupidly easy and C4 is rather narrow in terms of topics (I'm doing Edexcel).I'd add a few things from FP1 and FP2 , integration of arcsin , arccos , arctan , integrating factors for first order differential equations.

It's not quite so straightforward when it comes to Further Maths however though and I've had to work quite hard at it , especially with M3 and FP2.

I'd also agree about the type of person as well , it took me a while to get to grips with GCSE English Literature.Quite a few people I know doing the A2 in our schools are looking a C's or worse.

ReputationRep:
    It was my easiest A level.
    As said it entirely depends on the person though.

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.