TheKingKay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I will be going into sixth form next year and i would like to see what would be recommended, I can travel to greenwich aswell if there is a good sixth form there. I believe i may be capable of getting into a grammar school.
gravitydefier
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Townley Grammar is generally considered the 'best' academically, although it's often quite tricky to get in. Bexley Grammar only does the IB, they don't teach A levels anymore, so unless you want to go through that hell, there's no point going there. My brother is going to Beths Grammar in September (if he gets the required GCSE results, which I think he will), and they seem pretty good.
Other than the grammars, I'm not too sure what else there is. I've heard Blackfen is alright, although they don't get as high results as the grammars. There's also Christ the King college in Sidcup, which seems fine, and their results are ok I think. I mean, I ended up going to sixth form in Sevenoaks anyway, so I never actually considered any of the Bexley sixth forms, this is purely based on my brother's and some of my friends' experiences and from my general knowledge of the schools in Bexley.
TheKingKay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What is wrong with bgs being ib?
(Original post by gravitydefier)
Townley Grammar is generally considered the 'best' academically, although it's often quite tricky to get in. Bexley Grammar only does the IB, they don't teach A levels anymore, so unless you want to go through that hell, there's no point going there. My brother is going to Beths Grammar in September (if he gets the required GCSE results, which I think he will), and they seem pretty good.
Other than the grammars, I'm not too sure what else there is. I've heard Blackfen is alright, although they don't get as high results as the grammars. There's also Christ the King college in Sidcup, which seems fine, and their results are ok I think. I mean, I ended up going to sixth form in Sevenoaks anyway, so I never actually considered any of the Bexley sixth forms, this is purely based on my brother's and some of my friends' experiences and from my general knowledge of the schools in Bexley.
gravitydefier
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nothing, if that's what you want to do. It's just that they only teach the IB and not A levels, which personally I would hate, since you have to study like 8+ subjects (including maths, English and science) instead of just 3.
(Original post by TheKingKay)
What is wrong with bgs being ib?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
18.32%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (116)
28.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (152)
37.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (50)
12.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (12)
2.97%

Watched Threads