Best Uni of Sheffield accomodation Watch

Tess18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Preferably based on the most sociable one/going out/ biggest flats. Don't care about ensuite
advisevi
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
cant lie most the good ones are taken, you want one on ranmoore/endcliffe (endcliffe preferable) a lot are fully booked out but keep checking weekly to see if vacancies pop up, ideal ones are any of the following colleges in endcliffe: derwent, howden, froggat, yarncliffe, (mostly any on endcliffe)
(Original post by Tess18)
Preferably based on the most sociable one/going out/ biggest flats. Don't care about ensuite
Tess18
Rep:
?
Don't worry, I'm applying for 2020, open day in October
(Original post by advisevi)
cant lie most the good ones are taken, you want one on ranmoore/endcliffe (endcliffe preferable) a lot are fully booked out but keep checking weekly to see if vacancies pop up, ideal ones are any of the following colleges in endcliffe: derwent, howden, froggat, yarncliffe, (mostly any on endcliffe)
Lutra_
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There's no real difference between Endcliffe and Ranmoor in terms of how sociable or outgoing people are. When I was there, most of the people who lived in Ranmoor had originally applied for Endcliffe!

Endcliffe is slightly closer to campus, but the western end of Endcliffe practically overlaps with the eastern end of Ranmoor, so it's a difference of a few minutes' walk.

Ranmoor is slightly less rowdy at night. When people finish pre-drinking in their flats they head off to meet friends at Endcliffe, uni, or in town. That means your neighbours won't be making a racket late at night if you happen to have an early lecture or exam the following day.

(One other thing I'd say is that you may think you don't care about having an en-suite, but you're likely to appreciate it. It's nice when the people racking up tally marks on your flat's chunder chart are spewing all over their own personal toilets.)

I'd probably advise against the city accommodation unless you're an international, mature, or postgraduate student.
Tess18
Rep:
?
I'll technically be "mature" because I'll be 21 when I go but there's no way I'm living in the city centre aha. I did a year at Plymouth and had an ensuite and tbf if is nice to be able to spew in your own toilet
(Original post by Lutra_)
There's no real difference between Endcliffe and Ranmoor in terms of how sociable or outgoing people are. When I was there, most of the people who lived in Ranmoor had originally applied for Endcliffe!

Endcliffe is slightly closer to campus, but the western end of Endcliffe practically overlaps with the eastern end of Ranmoor, so it's a difference of a few minutes' walk.

Ranmoor is slightly less rowdy at night. When people finish pre-drinking in their flats they head off to meet friends at Endcliffe, uni, or in town. That means your neighbours won't be making a racket late at night if you happen to have an early lecture or exam the following day.

(One other thing I'd say is that you may think you don't care about having an en-suite, but you're likely to appreciate it. It's nice when the people racking up tally marks on your flat's chunder chart are spewing all over their own personal toilets.)

I'd probably advise against the city accommodation unless you're an international, mature, or postgraduate student.
Sophlong27
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey Tess,

Can I suggest looking at Sheffield 3; the private accommodation near Hoyle Street and 10 mins walk to the uni. I actually need a replacement tenant starting 14th September as I turned down my Postgraduate place.

Hello all,

I’m looking for someone to take over my tenancy at Sheffield 3 – private accommodation on Hoyle Street. I will no longer be attending the university so need someone to take over ASAP. I chose Sheffield 3 because of its brilliant location and modern facilities. There’s free high speed 100Mbps WiFi, all utility bills included, free contents insurance and 24-hour security service.

Here’s a link: https://www.studentroost.co.uk/accom...ld/sheffield-3

Move in date: 14th September 2019

End date: 5th September 2020

Contract length: 51 weeks

Room type: Bronze Ensuite room ( women only)

Room facilities:

- Single bed with underbed storage

- Wardrobe and chest of drawers provided in room

- Desk and chair with full length mirror

- Ensuite bathroom with toilet, basin and shower

- Communal kitchen and living space.

PM me if you are interested of reply below and I will contact you 😊
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...