The Student Room Group

Plagiarism in my final year

Hi guys,

I would really appreciate some help. I have been extremely stupid and failed to properly use in-text citations in a final year essay, despite referencing the author. As a result, I have been pulled up for plagiarism and am due to have a meeting this coming Tuesday.

I was on for a 2:1 but doubt this will now happen. I am extremely nervous and sick to my stomach as I have never had something like this happen before, and it was honestly pure stupid human error. As it was the first time this has happened I will not be expelled from university, but I feel sick at the thought of not graduating.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it.

Thank you
Just be honest about what you did or failed to do, that's all you do realistically. I don't have any direct experience so can't advise on what likely penalty might be imposed.
Nothing you can do now. Just wait for the meeting and don't do it again.
Reply 3
i know it's difficult not to worry but there's no point in worrying now as there's nothing u can do. u clearly recognise that u made a huge mistake and they'll probably see that. i don't have experience with this so idk what could happen, but either way you'll survive and it could be worse - u could've got expelled.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending