When salaries are paid? Watch

cloud10
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
When salaries are paid? In my country are paid every month .
I have heard that in U.K. Is possible to get paid even every week. Is that true ? Or it's just a rare case?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by cloud10; 3 weeks ago
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cloud10)
I have heard that in U.K. Is possible to get paid even every week. Is that true ? Or it's just a rare case?
Depends what you do.

Some places it might be every week (typically minimum wage jobs), some places might be fortnightly, in rare cases it's every 4 weeks, but for the majority it's the last Thursday or Friday of the month.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It depends on the company. Some pay every week, others every two weeks, others on the same day each month, others every 4 Fridays, others on the last Friday of every month etc. Totally depends on what the company wants to do.
cloud10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Depends what you do.

Some places it might be every week (typically minimum wage jobs), some places might be fortnightly, in rare cases it's every 4 weeks, but for the majority it's the last Thursday or Friday of the month.
But if an employer pay every month , is possible to ask to get paid every week or bi-weekly ? Or is it something that's better not to ask ? Because for expats getting paid every week would be wonderful especially when you just moved from your country and you face a lot of expenses (rents, deposit ect.)
Last edited by cloud10; 3 weeks ago
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
But if an employer pay every month , is possible to ask to get paid every week or bi-weekly ? Or is it something that's better not to ask ? Because for expats getting paid every week would be wonderful especially when you just moved from your country and you face a lot of expenses (rents, deposit ect.)
Not normally. No. You might be able to get an advance, but it'll depend on them.
cloud10
Rep:
?
(Original post by Drewski)
Not normally. No. You might be able to get an advance, but it'll depend on them.
Ok thank you. So most of employer pay every 2 weeks and those who pay monthly are the minority , right ?
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ok thank you. So most of employer pay every 2 weeks and those who pay monthly are the minority , right ?
In my experience, most professional jobs pay monthly (UK).
Last edited by RogerOxon; 3 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.7%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (71)
10.06%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
56.94%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.31%

Watched Threads