Do you need 3As in Year 12 mocks for medicine? Watch

Icykitten
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I haven’t done very well in my mocks and I was hoping to apply to medicine, Do you absolutely need to have 3As as your mock grades to even be considered?
Thanks for any help, I’m a bit worried ☹️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Midnightstar67
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Heya I just finished my mocks today and I’m quite worried about this as well... we can just hope that we can at least apply
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
Due to some unfortunate circumstances, I haven’t done very well in my mocks and I was hoping to apply to medicine, Do you absolutely need to have 3As as your mock grades to even be considered?
Thanks for any help, I’m a bit worried ☹️
(Original post by Midnightstar67)
Heya I just finished my mocks today and I’m quite worried about this as well... we can just hope that we can at least apply
You need to have better or equal predicted grades than the standard offer, or you will be automatically rejected.

You could have UUU in your mocks, but if your school is happy to predict A*A*A* you'll be alright.

As usual, the list of standard offers are here - https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
You need to have better or equal predicted grades than the standard offer, or you will be automatically rejected.

You could have UUU in your mocks, but if your school is happy to predict A*A*A* you'll be alright.

As usual, the list of standard offers are here - https://www.medschools.ac.uk/media/2...al-schools.pdf
So wait, your mock grades aren’t necessarily your predicted grades then? I really hope this is the case because I’ve done well throughout the year it’s just for the past 2 weeks I’ve been super ill so I got lower than expected grades. Will your school take into account everything you’ve done over the year as well?
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Icykitten)
So wait, your mock grades aren’t necessarily your predicted grades then?
It depends on your school.

Will your school take into account everything you’ve done over the year as well?
This also depends on your school!

*Disclaimer: I studied at a time when we did official AS levels, which did count. So on our UCAS form we had to enter our AS scores and grades - it was much more foolproof. Obviously we had predicted grades too.

I believe (I am not a teacher at a school) that your predicted grades are simply supplied by the school, hence it can be as high or low as they state. Your school may be very strict, or very lenient - I wouldn't know.
Icykitten
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
This also depends on your school!

*Disclaimer: I studied at a time when we did official AS levels, which did count. So on our UCAS form we had to enter our AS scores and grades - it was much more foolproof.

I believe (I am not a teacher at a school) that your predicted grades are simply supplied by the school, hence it can be as high or low as they state. Your school may be very strict, or very lenient - I wouldn't know.
Ok, thanks for the help 🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate