Science gcse equivalency test???? Watch

So980
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I meet al entry requirements expect one (SCIENCE). I have been told that I will have to sit an equivalency test which will be discussed nearer to the time.

Has anybody else have to do this?
What is it like?

Please shed some light on this...

Many thanks in advance
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Muserock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I re-sat a GCSE instead of taking the equivalency test but others I know took the equivalency test. They tell me it wasn't too bad. They just looked at the BBC bitesize section. I know at my uni you get a couple of chances to pass.
rachelgw
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Most university’s accept the Equivalency Test. I sat the Biology one recently. You can take just Biology or combined. I didn’t find it very difficult, studied using the CGP Edexdel book and used Bitesize a little too. Found it really helpful to answer the questions and check answers out from back of book. You receive results within a week (although this may vary).

Look it up online.
AliceMoore95
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello,

I have my test in a few weeks,

how did you find it?

Have you got your results yet?

THank you xxx
(Original post by rachelgw)
Most university’s accept the Equivalency Test. I sat the Biology one recently. You can take just Biology or combined. I didn’t find it very difficult, studied using the CGP Edexdel book and used Bitesize a little too. Found it really helpful to answer the questions and check answers out from back of book. You receive results within a week (although this may vary).

Look it up online.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (147)
17.52%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
8.82%
No I am happy with my course choice (497)
59.24%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.42%

Watched Threads