Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    aa

ReputationRep:
    i did the module in jan - learn the borne-haber cycles

ReputationRep:
    hi there,

anyone got the paper of TP for June 07 and Jan 08 ? can't find it anywhere !
    also anyone got MAD Jan 07, June 07 and Jan 08 paper ?

thx !! : )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesHo)
    hi there,

anyone got the paper of TP for June 07 and Jan 08 ? can't find it anywhere !
    also anyone got MAD Jan 07, June 07 and Jan 08 paper ?

thx !! : )
    I'd like to know this toooo! please post it up if anyone can!

ReputationRep:
    Ionic Density man! Ionic density

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the bond angle for octrahedral complex ions, .e.g. [Cu(H2O)6]2+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxlawyergirlxx)
    Does anyone know the bond angle for octrahedral complex ions, .e.g. [Cu(H2O)6]2+
    90 degrees

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i'm taking this. I find it comparatively easy just because there's so little they can ask you that's variable within the specification. It's a small module - the only difficult bits are the colour changes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Man111)
    90 degrees
    cheers mate

ReputationRep:
    for papers try thepastpaperbank.co.uk, they have the OCR trends and patterns papers you asked for! I think you need to register but tis a very easy process!

ReputationRep:
    im doing this module...what options are you all doing?for the second paper?

ReputationRep:
    Methods of Analysis and Detection..

It's a riot.

ReputationRep:
    Biochemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benwellsday)
    Anyone else taking this module?
    I don't know why but every time I do past papers on it I lose so many silly marks. I think its the most likely reason I'll miss my uni offer
    How are you finding it? Any tips?
    Argh, I'm exactly the same! I should be capable to getting fully marks on this paper, but I lose between 5-7 marks each time because of silly mistakes, such as not multiplying enthalpy changes by 2 for chlorine in BH-cycles when doing something like MgCl2!

And am I right in saying that complex ions ONLY (EVER!) exist in aqueous solution? Because in my notes, copied from the board (and written by the teacher), for the formation of copper hydroxide I have:
    [Cu(H2O)6]2+(aq) + 2OH-(aq) --> [Cu(OH)2(H2O)4](s) + 2H2O(l)

I'm sure from one mark scheme I saw that the above was incorrect. Perhaps it should be:
    [Cu(H2O)6]2+(aq) + 2OH-(aq) --> Cu(OH)2(s) + 6H2O(l)
    Because the precipitate can't be a complex ion... Maybe it's a bit of a no-brainer, but I've had it in my notes for months and that has been what I've been learning! >.<

Also, is [CuCl4]2- yellow or green?

ReputationRep:
    In my notes I have it as

[Cu(H2O)6]2+(aq) + 2OH-(aq) --> Cu(OH)2(s) + 6H2O(l)

and [CuCl4]2- as yellow-green

ReputationRep:
    Ah, cheers sickhead2.

[CuCl4]2- was in my textbook as yellow, but then someone crossed the 'yellow' out and wrote green instead... I was a bit confused.

The long answer questions are so boring when they're on Period 3. I must remember to try drawing dot cross diagrams when I answer those questions... The question never specifies drawing them, but there are always marks for them in the mark schemes (of the papers I have done) and it works out so I actually lose marks for not drawing them... Bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jason2k6101)
    The question never specifies drawing them, but there are always marks for them in the mark schemes (of the papers I have done) and it works out so I actually lose marks for not drawing them... Bit weird.
    I know,they just leave no space for diagrams so it never occurs to me that i shud!

ReputationRep:
    anyone else doing transition elements for the extra bit?

did a past paper and got a b with barely any revision so either its a fluke or im good at remembering stuff from class. (lets not kid ourselves, it was a fluke)

ReputationRep:
    Im doing Transition Elements
    And it is pretty easy
    Half of it is information you had to learn for Trends and Patterns anyway!

I think both modules are pretty easy to lose silly mistakes on, particularly the essay questions

ReputationRep:
    The best website for past papers is www.pastpaperexams.com
    Am doing biochemistry and trends and patterns, are there any good threads for biochemistry?? So not looking forward to Thursday.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.