The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Bath Uni Accomodation 1st Year

Recommendations for the 1st year accommodation? I feel like there are no good options as they're all either too expensive or have mandatory catering which isn't ideal.
Hi there,
University of Bath has tonnes of potential accommodations that aren't too expensive nor are they catered. I'd suggest taking a look at Norwood, Westwood and Eastwood. They are in the cheapest of the accommodations here. They are all self-catered, have good sized bedrooms in excellent locations on campus, and are very social accommodations so you'll undoubtedly meet loads of people. They do have shared bathrooms, but most of my friends lived in Norwood and Eastwood in first year and they've all said that sharing a bathroom was never an issue (especially as you've got a sink in your bedroom anyways) as they get cleaned and there are more than enough for everyone so you never have to wait.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a third year Natural Sciences student
Original post by Anonymous
Recommendations for the 1st year accommodation? I feel like there are no good options as they're all either too expensive or have mandatory catering which isn't ideal.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there,
University of Bath has tonnes of potential accommodations that aren't too expensive nor are they catered. I'd suggest taking a look at Norwood, Westwood and Eastwood. They are in the cheapest of the accommodations here. They are all self-catered, have good sized bedrooms in excellent locations on campus, and are very social accommodations so you'll undoubtedly meet loads of people. They do have shared bathrooms, but most of my friends lived in Norwood and Eastwood in first year and they've all said that sharing a bathroom was never an issue (especially as you've got a sink in your bedroom anyways) as they get cleaned and there are more than enough for everyone so you never have to wait.

I hope this has helped,

Hi, thanks for the reply that was helpful.

I will apply to Eastwood and Westwood, but the application process requires us to apply to 7 options, so I was thinking of also applying to some of the city accommodation, but I don't have any information on them other than what's on the website. What is your opinion on the city accommodation at Bath?
Hi there,
The university accommodation is basically identical to the campus accommodation with regards to the rooms, bathrooms, kitchens etc, except they are obviously in the city centre and not on campus. This is beneficial in that you are right in town where all the shops, cinemas, restaurants, clubs etc are. However, it is detrmiental in that you have to take the bus to campus to get to lectures every day, which means you can't wake up 10 minutes before a lecture like people on campus. This is good practice as you live in city in 2nd year onwards, but on the other hand it's not as easy of a transition. Regardless, everyone who lives in city accommodation says it's absolutely amazing and loads of fun so I'd definitely recommend applying to them if you are keen on the social, friendly vibe of Eastwood and Westwood.
I hope this helps,
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, thanks for the reply that was helpful.

I will apply to Eastwood and Westwood, but the application process requires us to apply to 7 options, so I was thinking of also applying to some of the city accommodation, but I don't have any information on them other than what's on the website. What is your opinion on the city accommodation at Bath?

Quick Reply

Latest