Waiting for the SQE and then doing that part time... Watch

TheKinkyChinky98
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi guys,

am new to this forum ... so will kick things off with my first post

I am interested in going into law as a career/becoming a solicitor , and was initially thinking of going down the GDL/LPC route...

But then I realised that the SQE will kick in September 2021 ( when I would have just finished the GDL), but I am confused on what that would mean...

Would I have to go straight into the SQE exams after the GDL or would I still be legible for an LPC?

And do you think it is possible to prep for the SQE exams/work experience part time whilst in a graduate job?

Sorry for the long question, just very confused abou the changes by the SRA
LpoolLawStudent
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheKinkyChinky98)
Hi guys,

am new to this forum ... so will kick things off with my first post

I am interested in going into law as a career/becoming a solicitor , and was initially thinking of going down the GDL/LPC route...

But then I realised that the SQE will kick in September 2021 ( when I would have just finished the GDL), but I am confused on what that would mean...

Would I have to go straight into the SQE exams after the GDL or would I still be legible for an LPC?

And do you think it is possible to prep for the SQE exams/work experience part time whilst in a graduate job?

Sorry for the long question, just very confused abou the changes by the SRA
I might be mistaken, but I believe it you are already studying law by the time the SQE is introduced in 2021, you can still take the LPC. And I believe that includes the GDL. So if you would prefer to do the LPC (I personally wouldn't want to be in the guinea pig year of the SQE), you'll be fine to do so.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (151)
17.79%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.83%
No I am happy with my course choice (502)
59.13%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.25%

Watched Threads