How pretentious are people? I'm confused Watch

lifeexp2926
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I'm moving to a new town, I had my last night out recently, I didn't make a big deal out of leaving, didn't want to be all self important, I hadn't felt like I had really made lasting relationships here.

I had friends but I've been in my opinion kind of cringe and thought they didn't really care about me. I was looking to start fresh. But it seems that people are actually very upset that I'm leaving, a lot more so than I would have thought, hey have been crying, keep asking me when I'm coming back, two even offered to house me if I revisit as I no longer have a place to stay there.

I honestly feel I didn't deserve this send off, in my mind I'm very paranoid, and for sure wouldn't have been so kind to myself, some are telling me to come visit them in uni. In my mind they're all just lying to make me feel good, is his something they really do? Any advice on how to go forward?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I 100% guarantee they're not just lying to make you feel good! Why would they even do that? You have good friends, and they care about you. Rejoice
lifeexp2926
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
I 100% guarantee they're not just lying to make you feel good! Why would they even do that? You have good friends, and they care about you. Rejoice
Thank you!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by lifeexp2926)
Thank you!
You're welcome!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nothing about your post is pretentious?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (139)
17.62%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (74)
9.38%
No I am happy with my course choice (464)
58.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (112)
14.2%

Watched Threads