Good Illustration MA courses? Watch

CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello :hello:
Does anyone have an recommendations for good illustration degrees at MA level? I cannot go to london due to financial reasons but anywhere else would be fine.

Thanks
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you looked this up at all? It would help to know what you consider 'good'?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Does anyone have an recommendations for good illustration degrees at MA level? I cannot go to london due to financial reasons but anywhere else would be fine.

Thanks
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
Have you looked this up at all? It would help to know what you consider 'good'?
Yes have done but cant find many courses about it. Have found anglia ruskin, falmouth, nottingham trent. Apparently there was a natural history illustration course at blackpool but idk what's happened to it because i cant find it
Decent amount of contact hours, good facilities, well respected course
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes have done but cant find many courses about it. Have found anglia ruskin, falmouth, nottingham trent. Apparently there was a natural history illustration course at blackpool but idk what's happened to it because i cant find it
Decent amount of contact hours, good facilities, well respected course
You can compare those courses based on factors that are important to you but bear in mind that respect means nothing. You can look at where grads end up and links with industry instead. Masters courses don’t generally involve a lot of contact time as you’re meant to direct your own learning so you need to clarify what you want from them. You can visit to look at facilities.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by alleycat393)
You can compare those courses based on factors that are important to you but bear in mind that respect means nothing. You can look at where grads end up and links with industry instead. Masters courses don’t generally involve a lot of contact time as you’re meant to direct your own learning so you need to clarify what you want from them. You can visit to look at facilities.
I'm aware that respect among applicants doesn't mean anything I was thinking in terms of employers. The uni I go to now is pretty well known amongst employers for their design degrees.
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of any standout unis in particular that do a really good course, thanks anyway though
alleycat393
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm aware that respect among applicants doesn't mean anything I was thinking in terms of employers. The uni I go to now is pretty well known amongst employers for their design degrees.
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of any standout unis in particular that do a really good course, thanks anyway though
Finding out where grads end up and about links with the industry is what you need to do then as above
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Unicornsgomoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Thanks
The University of Plymouth are starting a brand new MA course in illustration this year. I did the Degree and it was fantastic i’d Highly recommend checking it out. :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.49%
Excited (156)
9.1%
Worried (306)
17.85%
Terrified (381)
22.23%
Meh (169)
9.86%
Confused (37)
2.16%