The Student Room Group

Who is writing my reference and predicted grades when im resitting

Basically im probably going to be resitting some exams, so im gonna be reapplying to some universities through ucas.

Who will be writing my reference? Will it be my form tutor ( the one who previously wrote my reference) ?

Who will be doing my predicted grades? Do I get to do it myself?
Moved to Applications, Clearing and UCAS :smile:
@PQ might be able to offer some suggestions.

In my experience applying as a post-qualification applicant (which is not exactly the same, as I had no predicted grades), I just emailed my 6th form personal tutor to ask him to be my reference (who would've written my reference if I had applied originally from 6th form). Universities usually expect an academic reference, so a tutor or teacher or similar (rather than e.g. an employer or family/friends) is typically required.

As far as predicted grades, I'm not really sure. Are you sitting the retakes at your school, or elsewhere?
Original post by artful_lounger
@PQ might be able to offer some suggestions.

In my experience applying as a post-qualification applicant (which is not exactly the same, as I had no predicted grades), I just emailed my 6th form personal tutor to ask him to be my reference (who would've written my reference if I had applied originally from 6th form). Universities usually expect an academic reference, so a tutor or teacher or similar (rather than e.g. an employer or family/friends) is typically required.

As far as predicted grades, I'm not really sure. Are you sitting the retakes at your school, or elsewhere?

I'm going to be retaking them at my school
Original post by JJJJJAAAAMES
I'm going to be retaking them at my school

Didnt I already give you the answer yesterday?
Original post by 999tigger
Didnt I already give you the answer yesterday?

I made both threads at the same time, one on this forum, and one on the A level forum. This one was moved here
You cannot give your own predicted grades.
The person writing your reference does this and presumably that ex-teacher will have an idea of what you would be capable of achieving.

See https://www.ucas.com/advisers/references/how-write-ucas-undergraduate-references

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending