Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay so, I recently had my heart broken by a guy that I truly fell for. I’ve not managed to cope with it and I have been having a few crazy nights out with my friends, that have lead to one night stands. My sister told me that she doesn’t like how I’m going back to ‘my old ways’ and sleeping around. Now I wouldn’t say I have went crazy but there has been a few. I’m now planning on meeting a guy who I have been speaking to for a few weeks, yet my friend think I’m not ready and still need to find some type of closure from the guy who broke my heart.
One night stands aren’t too bad right?
And meeting a guy to go on a date isn’t moving on too fast for me to cope?
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Okay so, I recently had my heart broken by a guy that I truly fell for. I’ve not managed to cope with it and I have been having a few crazy nights out with my friends, that have lead to one night stands. My sister told me that she doesn’t like how I’m going back to ‘my old ways’ and sleeping around. Now I wouldn’t say I have went crazy but there has been a few. I’m now planning on meeting a guy who I have been speaking to for a few weeks, yet my friend think I’m not ready and still need to find some type of closure from the guy who broke my heart.
One night stands aren’t too bad right?
And meeting a guy to go on a date isn’t moving on too fast for me to cope?
But the question is have you healed? Is the sec a compensation for feeling bad? Work out your feelings properly first before you carry on.
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's really a question for you to answer based upon how you feel.

There's nothing wrong with having casual sex as long as both partners understand that it's casual, treat each other with respect and both feel good during and after it (Safe, Sane, Consensual).

If, however, having causal sex has made you unhappy in the past or something you regret then it's probably not worth it, IMO.

Obviously one night stands can be higher risk than partnering up with someone you already know and trust - so make sure you are mindful of your own personal safety and sexual health.
Last edited by JTfoxlove; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads