williams101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hi everyone , I'm hoping someone can help ,
I am a mature student self teaching for my IGCSE's , I only have the CGP complete revision and practice books for my chosen subjects(English , Maths , combined Science , and History) in GCSE form .
The books are for the correct examining body ( Edexcel) will these be similar enough to the IGCSE versions?
Last edited by williams101; 1 year ago
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have just finished my IGCSE exams in June 2019, after working for 8 months for the exam. Here are some of my answers to your problem, and I hope they can help.
1. For Physics I have the CGP revision exercise, but I have no other revision guide from CGP. I only have the Hodder textbook and workbook for science subjects, and the official textbooks for English as a second language, Maths and Further Maths. I only did past papers for Chinese, as it is my native. So, you have the practice books and revision guides, make use of them, just like when I completed the entire Physics revision workbook from CGP. Physics is my weakest subject, but I still have confidence for a 8/9 when I walk out of the exam.
2. After you have finished each topic, go to physicsandmathstutor.com to find by topic past paper questions, so you have an idea on what will come up in the exam. As the exam period approaches, do timed past papers by year. After doing a few of them, identify which topics that you were weaker in (it was magnetism and electromagnetism for me, I only got 8/20 in a quiz on that, and also electrostatics), revise those concepts and do the by topic papers on that topic again. A few days before the exam, make sure you get familiar with the format by doing yearly past papers from recent exams.
I hope this helps you. Good luck!
williams101
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
thats great info thanks for the reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
27.76%
No - I have already returned home (30)
11.41%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.53%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.65%
No - I live at home during term anyway (78)
29.66%

Watched Threads