Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My uni, Kings College London, has a careers service which offers courses and information about careers.
    One of the courses is called The City Course

As you can see from the link, it seems decent.
    My question is it worth £75?
    Has anyone has similar experiences to these kind of courses?

Finally it might be useful to consider I have just finished first year at uni but haven't done any spring internship etc yet so this could be a quick start to getting some contacts and necessary knowledge of the industry from a first hand perspective. Yes, No?

Thanks,

SnS

ReputationRep:
    well considering you want to go into IB (i assume), is £75 worth it for going to the offices of ML and LB - imo no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inter-Company)
    well considering you want to go into IB (i assume), is £75 worth it for going to the offices of ML and LB - imo no
    Yes but it isn't garrented plus I was thinking if these kind of courses will be as good as the independently run courses by banks. Or a waste of 5 days PLUS £75...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else please? The deadline is the 12th June so it would be great to get feedback.

Regards,

SnS

ReputationRep:
    on the one hand, the networking you'll get is invaluable, plus you'll learn a lot about ML and LB that you could use in an interview. This however brings me to my other hand, you'll only find out about ML and LB (assuming you want to work in IB).

So, it depends really. If you are uncertain about your careers then do it. If however, you are certain that you want to work in IB, then I'd say don't bother.

Its also down to whether you can afford it. If you've got cash pouring out of places then you might as well go, won't do you any harm thats for certain...

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of events like this where you have to pay!

• create my feed
  • edit my feed
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.