Can I get an apprenticeship that I don't meet the entry requirements for? Watch

AzzyArslan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So to cut it short the apprenticeship advert was very vague when it came to entry requirements. All it said was that no industry experience was required. I jumped upon the opportunity and after I'd done 3/4 of my application (I spent HOURS and HOURS) I had a quick look through the candidate information pack which I didn't notice on the advert initially because it was amongst irrelevant links so I just ignored it. The candidate information when into more detail about entry requirements and it turns out that I meed 96 UCAS tariff points but I don't have any at the moment. I've just finished 1 A-level and I'm due to finish 2 more in 2020 (if I decide to stay and do year 14). So I sent off the application anyway. I easily meet all the other entry requirements but I just don't have any tariff points. Is there any hope of getting into a degree level apprenticeship when I don't have any A-levels yet?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TS33
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AzzyArslan)
So to cut it short the apprenticeship advert was very vague when it came to entry requirements. All it said was that no industry experience was required. I jumped upon the opportunity and after I'd done 3/4 of my application (I spent HOURS and HOURS) I had a quick look through the candidate information pack which I didn't notice on the advert initially because it was amongst irrelevant links so I just ignored it. The candidate information when into more detail about entry requirements and it turns out that I meed 96 UCAS tariff points but I don't have any at the moment. I've just finished 1 A-level and I'm due to finish 2 more in 2020 (if I decide to stay and do year 14). So I sent off the application anyway. I easily meet all the other entry requirements but I just don't have any tariff points. Is there any hope of getting into a degree level apprenticeship when I don't have any A-levels yet?
Unfortunately not
National Careers Service
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AzzyArslan)
Hi there,

It's unlikely but what you may find is they will keep your details on record or encourage you to reapply once you have completed your A-levels.

For any level 6 course whether it's through an apprenticeship or university require you to have a number of level 3 qualifications that add up to a certain number of points. I think that it's great you submitted an application and you have shown your drive and determination to the employer at this early stage.

Thanks - Sophie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise