Sanders: Warren Is surging in the polls 'because she’s a woman"

Watch this thread
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Sanders hits out after his scandals in the past few months crashed his own poll numbers.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...h-warren-woman

“I think that there are a certain number of people who would like to see a woman elected, and I understand that,” Sanders said. “There are people who would like to see a native American, and I understand that also. There are a lot of factors out there.”

“It’s not good enough for somebody to say, ‘Hey, I’m a Latina, vote for me.’ That is not good enough.… It is not good enough for somebody to say, ‘I’m a woman, vote for me.’ No, that is not good enough.” He then added: “What we need is a woman who has the guts to stand up to Wall Street, to the insurance companies, to the drug companies, to the fossil fuel industries.”

“Elizabeth is a friend of mine. I think she’s running a good campaign, but at the end of the day, Chris, whether it’s Biden or Warren, Elizabeth Warren, or anybody else, what I believe is that in fact I am the strongest candidate to defeat Donald Trump, and I think some of the polling shows that.”
Last edited by AngeryPenguin; 3 years ago
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Has he actually said it's because "she's got ovaries"? Your thread title suggests so with the quotes - but I don't think Sanders has actually said that?
AngeryPenguin
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Has he actually said it's because "she's got ovaries"? Your thread title suggests so with the quotes - but I don't think Sanders has actually said that?
I copied the title of the article. I assume he said it somewhere.
Democracy
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
I copied the title of the article. I assume he said it somewhere.
I don't think he has - or at least, I can't see any evidence that he has. I think the Vanity Fair article title is the author's interpretation of what Sanders meant when he said "I think that there are a certain number of people who would like to see a woman elected" - with a requisite dash of clickbaitiness, because this is 2019 after all.

I think you should change your thread title - it appears quite misleading, and when you actually look at what he's said in the article itself, I don't think anyone can describe it as "hit[ting] out". There's enough disinformation circulating on the internet nowadays.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
"There are people who would like to see a native American"

Not sure if he has no clue, or if that's a great dig at her.
Toki the Dumdum
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)

It would be a good line if he had said it. He mentions 'younger' not 'native American' as is given in OP.
Underscore__
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Sanders hits out after his scandals in the past few months crashed his own poll numbers.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...h-warren-woman

“I think that there are a certain number of people who would like to see a woman elected, and I understand that,” Sanders said. “There are people who would like to see a native American, and I understand that also. There are a lot of factors out there.”

“It’s not good enough for somebody to say, ‘Hey, I’m a Latina, vote for me.’ That is not good enough.… It is not good enough for somebody to say, ‘I’m a woman, vote for me.’ No, that is not good enough.” He then added: “What we need is a woman who has the guts to stand up to Wall Street, to the insurance companies, to the drug companies, to the fossil fuel industries.”

“Elizabeth is a friend of mine. I think she’s running a good campaign, but at the end of the day, Chris, whether it’s Biden or Warren, Elizabeth Warren, or anybody else, what I believe is that in fact I am the strongest candidate to defeat Donald Trump, and I think some of the polling shows that.”
Why is he continuing the Native American thing? I think he should watch her Breakfast Club interview, even she doesn’t call herself Native American anymore
z-hog
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)

Tried to rep it but it's not allowed, thanks for saving me the trouble of highlighting that one. Bernie must be in the camp of those who regard this 'native American' business as one of the most flagrant examples of bull and collective hallucination coming together to feed Warren's and the Democrats' lust for power but... he can do with everybody's votes and for that reason he'd better not alienate the afflicted. He can't be that clueless.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Must be her “Native American” heritage powering her on...
z-hog
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Must be her “Native American” heritage powering her on...
Honestly, she does it for power but... isn't it worrying that it gets taken so seriously? She has an academic certificate from a supposed educational institution for it, they organize parties and celebrate the whole thing... It's amazing, the lengths such lefties will go to bull someone into voting them into a life they wouldn't get anywhere else. Native Americans must take a very dim view of her but not enough of them to make it a problem, still a cool accessory. Yuk.
Last edited by z-hog; 3 years ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Meh it'll be a boon for the Trumpists if she gets the ticket... there isnt a hope in hell she'd stand up against him :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (20)
31.25%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (24)
37.5%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.13%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
4.69%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
6.25%
I’m starting to consider my university options (9)
14.06%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (1)
1.56%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.56%

Watched Threads