The Student Room Group

Entitlement

I’m a mature student going Tito my second year, a father of 5 with a partner I’ve asked student finance to reassess my entitlement as I was only given the basic maintenance loan of 4200 I thought I’d ask them to reassess me with household income.
Basically from what I read in order to apply for student finance 2019/20 you will be assessed based on end of tax year 2017/18 where I earned 40k a year and my missus earned £6300. By the end of tax year 2018/19 I earned 15500 a year and my missus got £4300 which was basically her maternity leave. I’ve asked student finance to reassess my entitlement through CYI so my estimated unearned income tax year 2019/20 will be 15500 a year and my missus will be 0 as she is no longer working. My question is my missus gets child tax credit for 3 of our kids who were born before April 1017 so is child tax credit consider as means tested income, does student finance take it as an income? Reason I’ve asked for CYI is due to a drop of over 40% of my income since end of tax year 2017/18. I’ve asked student finance to assess my including household income and I’ve applied for adult grant and parent learning grant too? Anyone knows roughly what I will be entitled to and how much as I’m a bit confused to whether child tax credit is considered as income or not. Any response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Hi, your question has been answered here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6011766.
Thanks, Isaac.
Reply 2
Hi can’t see a reply anywhere even after clicking on the link you’ve posted
Hi, can you see it now? Our posts need to be approved by a moderator so it can take some time to appear.
Thanks, Isaac.
Original post by Leap80
Hi can’t see a reply anywhere even after clicking on the link you’ve posted

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending