Turn on thread page Beta

Who would you vote for as President watch

• View Poll Results: WHo would you vote for?
    John Mc Cain
    14.74%
    Barack Obama
    74.74%
    Other - Yes there are some independents too!
    10.53%

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as the last poll had all the prospective nominees, this one will give a more clear cut result of TSR political tendencies

ReputationRep:
    obama because he is dreamy

ReputationRep:
    Obama.

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait for the choice of VPs before making a decision

ReputationRep:
    Obama

ReputationRep:
    OBAMA!!!

i love him.

ReputationRep:
    None of the above.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Nader.

ReputationRep:
    Obama for sure. ;yes;

ReputationRep:
    The only thing McCain should be doing as far as I'm concerned is making oven chips.

Obama ftw

ReputationRep:
    I supported Hillary. Now that she is out, i would definately vote for McCain.

Although he is, in some ways, George Bush Mark 2, i would rather have a President with good experience in Foreign Affairs, etc. I also believe that Obama is a man of little substance. Yes, he is a very eloquent speaker, but when it comes to the big decisions, i don't think he has what it takes. From what i've heard, Obama is open to no-strings attached discussions with dictators and malicious regimes. Such a wishy-washy attitude simply won't work with these countries.

IF however, Obama was to appoint Hillary Clinton as his VP, i would consider voting for him. Mainly due to the fact that they would have to compromise on certain issues. With Hillary beside him, they would actually make a good team. Therefore, i'll wait until the Vp has been announced before voting in the poll.

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask why people are voting for Obama? I used to want him but my vote has swung to Mc Cain for two main reasons.

1. Obama wants to increase income tax on the rich and also increase CGT. Now the American economy is already damaged and near recession, an increase in CGT is going to muck things up even more, and lose its corporations the competitive edge which is why foreigners invest there in the first place.

2. Withdrawal from Iraq- Thats what Obama will do...Now while supporting the Iraq War is a moral issue which I'll leave to you to decide, now the troops are there, I think the next president should support them. Why? There mission was supposedly to "liberalise" and if they dont back this up by helping to rebuild the country, then the USA will just end up in the same situation which it was in with Afghanistan. This is BAD. Mc Cain supports a troop surge to crush the insurgents, I think this is the way forward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
    1. Obama wants to increase income tax on the rich and also increase CGT. Now the American economy is already damaged and near recession, an increase in CGT is going to muck things up even more, and lose its corporations the competitive edge which is why foreigners invest there in the first place.
    Or alternatively, McCain is just looking out for the rich, and nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mute)
    Or alternatively, McCain is just looking out for the rich, and nothing more.
    Im sorry, but a recession would make the rich poorer, and put the poor into further poverty. In what way is that going to help. Furthermore, the reason the USA is top dog is frankly because they operate an economic system which CAN produce millionaires/ billionaires, and make people get up in the world if they strive hard, something I believe to me aspirational rather than denigrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Solid_Snake_100)

2. Withdrawal from Iraq- Thats what Obama will do...Now while supporting the Iraq War is a moral issue which I'll leave to you to decide, now the troops are there, I think the next president should support them. Why? There mission was supposedly to "liberalise" and if they dont back this up by helping to rebuild the country, then the USA will just end up in the same situation which it was in with Afghanistan. This is BAD. Mc Cain supports a troop surge to crush the insurgents, I think this is the way forward.
    I actually agree since I've read lots of stuff claming that the Iraqis really really don't want a pull out, but it's worth sacrificing the goood of the Iraqis for a president who's going to revert the horrible state america is in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by only nihilism)
    I actually agree since I've read lots of stuff claming that the Iraqis really really don't want a pull out, but it's worth sacrificing the goood of the Iraqis for a president who's going to revert the horrible state america is in.
    But isnt that what they did in afghanistan which pissed off Osama Bin Laden in the first place?? They used to be our allies. A withdrawal is only going to damage global security, and that includes the UK, we are America's *****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iodine)
    I'll wait for the choice of VPs before making a decision
    That's an interesting position to take. The Vice President is to a large extent powerless; why wait till they're announced to make a decision?

ReputationRep:
    I'm all up for Obama

ReputationRep:
    Does it really matter? I mean, I'm American and I really don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by largebrandon)
    Does it really matter? I mean, I'm American and I really don't care.
    Yes, it really does matter.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.