Turn on thread page Beta

How do I stop these panic attacks? watch

Announcements

My boyfriend dated a girl 4 years ago for 6 months and they split up as she cheated on him and they rowed. We got together 3½ years ago and she tried to split us up in the beginning by pestering him more than she did when they had split. She went out of her way to ask him out to places and sent him saucy messages which led to me being physically sick at home and giving my boyfriend an ultimatum as I wasn't going to be messed about. He destroyed his sim card, we haven't heard from her for 3 years (as far as I know) but I always bump into her at shops. She served me at her workplace the once but that was unavoidable as I didn't know she was serving and I see her driving around town.

When I see her I start to have a panic attack, I don't know if its bad memories of that I find her a threat. I'm friend's with her ex best mate and sometimes she keeps mentioning her as she wish didn't fall out with the ex but this makes me uncomfortable someone talking about a person they know I don't like. My boyfriend bumped into his ex about 6 months ago at pool lounge, he told me so that I wouldn't find out from gossip he said they ignored each other but obviously must have seen each other in the 1st place to ignore each other. I told my boyfriend I don't like people mentioning his ex - I was upset when telling him and he said you obviously still have a problem but he said it in a ‘get over it’ way. I thought this was unfair as I really like him and am frightened I will lose him. Just hate feeling panicky.

Wow, I think i'd feel panicky too with her around. She sounds evil! :ninja:

I know it can be awquard when people talk about people you dont like and would rather not talk about. Maybe ask them not to mention her as much?
    I'm sure your bf is loyal to you; i very much doubt he'd leave you for such a scheming cheating little madam as her! So don't worry about it!

uth =]

ReputationRep:
    well the first thing is to understand what a panic attack is and why it happens, do some research

ReputationRep:
    Remove the 'poison' of your panic attack and it wont happen. That is the 'girl'.

Breathe deep in and out. Does help! Make sure you have a full stomach, a good nights sleep.

Camomile tea and roobios tea helps me. Keep of the caffine as well.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.