Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This last weekend I've done hardly anything. I have OCR sources paper for History, Physics 3 and Geography Human, and all I've done is highlight sections in my Geo textbook, write out notes from Bitesize for History and Geography, have a go at half a Geography paper, and go on SAM Learning/textbook work for Physics. Will working all day Monday and Tuesday compensate, do you think? And it does sound like I've done alot from reading back, but seriously, most of that's been done whilst distracted or not thinking properly.

ReputationRep:
    Two words: Past Papers

ReputationRep:
    It's been exactly the same for me! But I'm planning on working really hard the next few days to make up for it too I wouldn't worry about it too much!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Yes, working all day Monday and Tuesday should make up for it. I haven't done any revision this weekend either, I think we're all just getting really lethargic as we've sat so many exams already. Try and work a lot over the next two days, and remember that this will all be worth it when you open your results in August.

ReputationRep:
    I have those exams next week (and P2). I haven't started revising for history/geog yet and won't do geog till the night before (mines a skill paper, not human). I only started physics today, and I know nothing. You'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I did the same the week and weekend before my big week with 2 exams a day, I did nothing and it really made me stressed out the day before because I crammed loads ... and basically everything I revised for geography didn't come up, so in the exam I had all this useless knowledge going round in my head, which really hindered me! But I think as long as you revise a lot on Monday and Tuesday it should be okay, are the exams on the same day? If not then you can spend a lot of time on the subject that day.
    I also have History & Physics on Wednesday, then French Writing on Thursday, I too have not revised much, I revised History a fair amount today but I clearly haven't taken it in because I've forgot half of it! I feel ready for the summer holidays, and can't be bothered to revise anymore, and I'm pretty worried about how I did in my exams last week :s I just want my results already!
    But I'm sure you'll be fine, it sounds really boring I know, but dedicate Mond & Tuesd for revision, and don't turn the computer on (unless you need it for revision), that really stops me being distracted!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Plenty of people about now feel like they haven't done enough work. It's quite standard.

ReputationRep:
    ive done crap all for history and physics too! we still have monday and tuesday

also history paper 2 you can't really revise for.. just make sure you know a bit about the liberal reforms

ReputationRep:
    I did quite a lot over Easter and before exams started, but it's just gone. I shouldn't have problems with the source paper in terms of knowledge as its not got a great deal of content, but my exam techniques lacking. How do you analyse 7 or 8 sources at once without missing something out, considering it's 1 hour 30 minutes and you get 6 other questions?!

ReputationRep:
    the mark boundary is much lower on that paper since its bloody hard.. just write what you actually think about the source with your background knowledge and youll be ok

ReputationRep:
    you'll be fine!

when i did my gcse's ... admittedly 2 years ago now
    i did NO revision atall
    and i mean nothing
    it was stupid
    but i still came out with 2A's 7B's and a C

trust me Gcse's are easyy

ReputationRep:
    Ah, ok. I have timing issues, so the mark boundaries being low is a relief :P

ReputationRep:
    You'll be fineee.
    I have done little to no work this weekend, just a little bit of History.
    I normally just cram the day before anyway, seems to work

ReputationRep:
    Physics is a nightmare 2 revize ::eek::

ReputationRep:
    I find that imagining the perfect results on the 21st August, helps motivate me!! Try it and it might work

ReputationRep:
    I think everyone is tired/exhausted at this stage. As someone said above, I revised through easter, did nothing after that, then started revising again during half term. I find it hard to get motivation so my plan is for today and tommorow, that I'll wake up at 10am and stay in my room until 10 pm; surely I'll have done something by then, eh?

ReputationRep:
    Just keep re-reading your revision notes and then attempt past past papers.

ReputationRep:
    hmm, ive just played on my ps3, and broswed these forums all weekend... hmm.. oly 3 exams to go though

ReputationRep:
    My revision this weekend has consisted of falling asleep on the grass outside. The weather is so lovely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tuesday91)
    My revision this weekend has consisted of falling asleep on the grass outside. The weather is so lovely!
    Same. An invitation to the beach yesterday was more appealing than History. I bet the weather turns crap after our exams are done too, like last year.

I'm planning on revising today & tomorrow, for History & Physics on Wed then French & Geography on Thurs. Done a tiny bit of revision a few weeks ago on the Liberal Reforms and Agriculture, then a bit of Physics on Saturday night. Now I'm going to back away from the computer and bury my head in a History textbook.

Good luck to everyone trying to revise.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.