Marketing Apprenticeship? Watch

15jwilliams
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,
I am looking at an apprenticeship, as an alternative to university, as I am not sure whether I would enjoy that sort of life style. However I do have some questions, especially relating to the apprenticeship I am looking at, to do with marketing. Firstly, will doing an apprenticeship over a degree hinder my career and salary prospects later down the line, when looking at more senior positions. Secondly, I dont do business a-level or btech, however I feel that this can be justified and sorted out in my personal statement and relevant work experience. I also only have a 4 in maths GCSE, and I hear that apprenticeships are much harder to 'land' than university, and would my lack in mathematical proficiency and lack of business studies and knowledge, stop me from getting an apprenticeship. These are my two major concerns, being difficulty to get in and future work options. Are my concerns justified, is a university route best to go down for marketing, or is apprenticeship the best way forward.
rozinaaa
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What type of marketing apprenticeship are you doing? Is it a digital marketing one or just a normal one? I'm starting a digital marketing apprenticeship in about 2 weeks time, mainly as an alternative to uni and to just see what it's like. From what I've heard, they're probably better than a standalone degree because (1) you won't get into debt, and (2) you can gain work experience whilst getting a qualification at the same time, which is something that employers will probably appreciate more than a degree in this day and age. I'm still at the very beginning of it too, but I think that going down this route will probably be a better option since you'll have more experience than a graduate who studied digital marketing at uni.

I didn't do a business a level or a btec, but as long as you can back up your skills and experience (such as 5+ years experience with Instagram and Facebook for personal use) in an effective way, as well as showing that you're willing to learn, you can probably get the job. I also managed to scrape a 4 in Maths at GCSE, and I don't think they're that concerned, but then again, it depends with the training provider that you're with. I'd say go down the apprenticeship route first, and if you enjoy it, stay, if not, go to uni.
kizzz!
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey I was just wondering what your interview for the digital marketing apprenticeship involved? Do you have much experience in the field already?
Thanks! Would be grateful for some advice!
(Original post by rozinaaa)
What type of marketing apprenticeship are you doing? Is it a digital marketing one or just a normal one? I'm starting a digital marketing apprenticeship in about 2 weeks time, mainly as an alternative to uni and to just see what it's like. From what I've heard, they're probably better than a standalone degree because (1) you won't get into debt, and (2) you can gain work experience whilst getting a qualification at the same time, which is something that employers will probably appreciate more than a degree in this day and age. I'm still at the very beginning of it too, but I think that going down this route will probably be a better option since you'll have more experience than a graduate who studied digital marketing at uni.

I didn't do a business a level or a btec, but as long as you can back up your skills and experience (such as 5+ years experience with Instagram and Facebook for personal use) in an effective way, as well as showing that you're willing to learn, you can probably get the job. I also managed to scrape a 4 in Maths at GCSE, and I don't think they're that concerned, but then again, it depends with the training provider that you're with. I'd say go down the apprenticeship route first, and if you enjoy it, stay, if not, go to uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise