The Student Room Group

Aqa as 2019 papers

hey guys just wanted to ask that I got a D in my chemistry 2019 AS PAPERS and this is the grade they said they will be sending to universities. I am absolutely worried and stressed if I can still get into uni with low grade. :frown:
If I could get some advice that would be great because I still don't fully understand the system of how it works because I came from Ireland one year ago and I am kind of struggling with the system and language here. So if anyone would be willing to help me out that would be great thank you so much in advance.
Hi Saman23. Don't worry about it. Your result is really not that bad. You would still be able to enrol into a university course. However, your options may be limited. I am a 'A' level chemistry teacher and I speak from my experience. You will do just fine. Cheers.
Original post by saman23
hey guys just wanted to ask that I got a D in my chemistry 2019 AS PAPERS and this is the grade they said they will be sending to universities. I am absolutely worried and stressed if I can still get into uni with low grade. :frown:
If I could get some advice that would be great because I still don't fully understand the system of how it works because I came from Ireland one year ago and I am kind of struggling with the system and language here. So if anyone would be willing to help me out that would be great thank you so much in advance.
Reply 2
Thank you I am still kind of worried but your advice really helped. As I'm sure you read about how my teacher isn't giving papers back yet do you think you could possibly send me the aqa AS chemistry 2019 papers this is what I did for my predicted grade exams and I really want to go over the mistakes with my tutor so if there is anyway you could you send me the papers that would be great.
Original post by David Tan
Hi Saman23. Don't worry about it. Your result is really not that bad. You would still be able to enrol into a university course. However, your options may be limited. I am a 'A' level chemistry teacher and I speak from my experience. You will do just fine. Cheers.
Original post by saman23
Thank you I am still kind of worried but your advice really helped. As I'm sure you read about how my teacher isn't giving papers back yet do you think you could possibly send me the aqa AS chemistry 2019 papers this is what I did for my predicted grade exams and I really want to go over the mistakes with my tutor so if there is anyway you could you send me the papers that would be great.

Unless you wish to retake your chemistry paper in the future, there is no point in going through the mistakes. The results are already set in stone and trust me, you will feel more "miserable" when you go through the same paper again. It will not allay your fear, instead it will magnify your worries. Let me share an experience with you. Last year, my students took the GCE 'A' level Singapore-Cambridge examinations and out of the 2-choose-1, they chose the more difficult question to attempt. After the exam was over, I just congratulated them that they had cleared their last paper. I didn't probe further because I knew that by doing so, it would affect their mood for a long time to come.

Enjoy your break. Results are not everything and everything happens for a reason. Who knows? Maybe getting a 'D' grade could be a blessing in disguise. Cheers.
Reply 4
Original post by David Tan
Unless you wish to retake your chemistry paper in the future, there is no point in going through the mistakes. The results are already set in stone and trust me, you will feel more "miserable" when you go through the same paper again. It will not allay your fear, instead it will magnify your worries. Let me share an experience with you. Last year, my students took the GCE 'A' level Singapore-Cambridge examinations and out of the 2-choose-1, they chose the more difficult question to attempt. After the exam was over, I just congratulated them that they had cleared their last paper. I didn't probe further because I knew that by doing so, it would affect their mood for a long time to come.

Enjoy your break. Results are not everything and everything happens for a reason. Who knows? Maybe getting a 'D' grade could be a blessing in disguise. Cheers.

I really appreciate that thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest