Im so happy, I have just finished my LLB with a first class Watch

pinkbuttery1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I just wanted to say that I am so happy that I have finished my LLB law with a first class. I had my last two exam results today which have given me a total of 73%. When I first started, I didn't think a first class would be possible. My A levels were not as good as they could have been but I have managed to accumulate a lot of work placements- both mini pupillages, judge shadowing and vacation schemes (and various other legal volunteering). I have also got a major inn of court scholarship and a small scholarship from my BPTC provider so the whole of my BPTC will be paid.

I just wanted to say that for anyone doubting law is for them, don't give up! I really never thought I would be good enough to achieve what I have, but in my last two years I managed 10 first class out of a possible 12.

If anyone has any questions about my degree or any tips or advice please feel free to ask away. I am just super happy and needed to tell someone
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Notoriety
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by JohanGRK)
Notoriety
I stubbed my toe earlier, so I am feeling less accommodating compared to the last time.
tamil fever
Badges: 18
Report 3 weeks ago
well done
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by pinkbuttery1)
I just wanted to say that I am so happy that I have finished my LLB law with a first class. I had my last two exam results today which have given me a total of 73%. When I first started, I didn't think a first class would be possible. My A levels were not as good as they could have been but I have managed to accumulate a lot of work placements- both mini pupillages, judge shadowing and vacation schemes (and various other legal volunteering). I have also got a major inn of court scholarship and a small scholarship from my BPTC provider so the whole of my BPTC will be paid.

I just wanted to say that for anyone doubting law is for them, don't give up! I really never thought I would be good enough to achieve what I have, but in my last two years I managed 10 first class out of a possible 12.

If anyone has any questions about my degree or any tips or advice please feel free to ask away. I am just super happy and needed to tell someone
Congrats on the 15k, OP.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
First of all well done! Getting a first in law is VERY challenging I heard, so that is impressive. And second if you don't mind, what were your A levels results? I just want to see how much you have improved since Sixth Form
pinkbuttery1
Rep:
?
Thank you everyone! My A level results were ABC and a D for my a/s level. I did have a lot going on at the time- and therefore they didn't reflect my academic ability, but I didn't submit any extenuating circs at the time. So far it hasn't held me back, and it seems that most chambers haven't been put off due to my current academic record
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thank you everyone! My A level results were ABC and a D for my a/s level. I did have a lot going on at the time- and therefore they didn't reflect my academic ability, but I didn't submit any extenuating circs at the time. So far it hasn't held me back, and it seems that most chambers haven't been put off due to my current academic record
Very inspiring to hear
Oxford Mum
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm super happy for you too. It just shows you what good old fashioned hard work can do. Now where was that pub again?

Adam1424
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey grats on the First, i'm due to start Law in September so was wondering, do you have any tips/tricks for revising, taking notes in Lectures/Seminars. Also how much external reading did you do in your spare time. Any other advice would be much appreciated
MJlover
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Awesome, well done!
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
good
pinkbuttery1
Rep:
?
I attended all seminars and lecturers, although I definitely did 'work smart.' I prepared for all my seminars which maybe took around 5-6 hours. I then also went over my seminar preparation after each one, amending my notes accordingly. Nearer each exam I decided what questions I was going to answer, and researched them thoroughly. I looked up journal articles, dissenting judgements, other jurisdictions (which were relevant- usually Australia and Canada). I always tried to pick essay questions rather than problem questions, as its often easier to analyse and be more critical and therefore gain higher marks. Don't pick the easy questions in exams, otherwise your answer will have to be pretty much perfect to gain that first class. Pick something challenging and research it prior to the exam, lecturers will be generally impressed. In regards to revision- begin as early as you can, think of seminar preparation as the basis of your revision, then nearer exam time get them out and re-read and add to them. This is what I did although different things work for different people
hehe_x
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Wow that's amazing! Although I want to pursue medicine, would love to know your experience of learning law x
I've only just finished my gcses last week haha, but would be keen to keep law open as an option. What A levels did you do?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations & good luck with your future studies!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads