The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
LOL i get you.
well i duno i think itll be pretty much how does lyrical ballads convey some idea, i reckon one of them will be imagination/supernatural.

with the parent child relationships, thats unlikely to come up, as its on very few poems you can use!
shall we all have a bet as to whats gonna cum up im thinkin childhood/imagination
Reply 62
It would be a godsend if Childhood came up for Lyrical Ballads and Ophelia for Hamlet.
Reply 63
I'm hoping for Horatio and the supernatural! (wish I hadn't said that, don't want to jinx it now...)
Reply 64
what is there to write about horatio?!
that he's a lovely chap? that's pretty much it
if ophelia and outsiders in society come up i will be so pleased
didn't outsiders in society come up in Jan 08
i don't know, did it?
~*Pwincess*~
is everyone revising nature and social inequalities :s-smilie: I thought there was no point since it came up in Jan ? :

agreed

im looking at childhood, and imagination, and revising revolutionary context.
Galatea
I'm hoping for Horatio and the supernatural! (wish I hadn't said that, don't want to jinx it now...)

oh noo hasnt horatio come up?
Reply 71
little_libertine
oh noo hasnt horatio come up?

nope he hasnt...unfortunately :frown:
a question on just horatio would be pretty hard because he's such a one-dimensional character
Reply 73
yehhh i agree with that!!
i dont think itll be a sufficiently broad question for an exam
he acts as a narrative and the "chorus"
theres not much else to say...
if there's a question on horatio it will be a question on minor characters in general, so the role of horatio and laertes or r&g or whatever
Reply 75
There's quite a bit to write about Horatio; how he acts as a soundboard for Hamlet's real thoughts and feelings; the devices for revealing Hamlet's true thoughts are both his soliloquies, but also his discourse with Horatio, so Horatio has an important dramatic function in that respect; he acts as a contrast to R and G, as he remains detached and uncorrupted by the court of Elsinore.

He also legitimises and authenticates to appearance of the Ghost; he is a scholar, unlikely to be swayed by suspersition, so his acceptance of the Ghost affirms its objective existence; it is not figment of Hamlet's imagination, or the guard's superstitions.

He also reveals how Hamlet's quest for revenge has corrupted the revenger; "what a King is this" by pointing out that it was unnecessary for Hamlet to kill R and G. Horatio is instrumental in showing that Hamlet is on the path to destruction.
could someone post up how they would approach answering a question on childhood and imagination. as always im leaving my revision to the last minuite and the poems are so looong to go through in detail one by one I no which poems go into the theme of childhood presumably we are seven; anecdote for fathers and the nightingale however there is very little to say I mean my essays are about a page long :< theres just not enoughg to say
these are my notes on childhood I know its very little so I would appretiate if anyone would add on

Theme of childhood
. The nightingale
. Anecdote for fathers
. we are seven

The nightingale-
" with the night he may associate joy" innocence of a child breaking away from adult stereotypes.

" and i deem it wise to make him natures playmate"

Anecdote for fathers-

" could I but teach the hundreth part of what from thee I learn" Adults can learn alot of from children.

We are seven-

" Then ye are only five" the man tries to argue using reason and logic the very things romanticism tried to conqer

" Nay we are seven" In the end the child has won the argument

That is all I have has anybody got anything they can add :\ and would someone post up some notes for imagination ARGH! I hate this unit
Reply 78
Is it worth revising nature properly for this exam tomorrow?

Seeing as it came up so bluntly in January, I can't see them asking directly about it this time round.

Would it be worth just knowing the other themes, such as Childhood, Imagination, Supernatural and Romanticism well?

Help please, I am really panicking!
people need to stop worrying so much

skim nature but since this is such a new topic and it's come up once chances are it won't come up again, but nobody can make particularly accurate predictions because we're all in the same boat

Latest

Trending

Trending