ck1999_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my whole application process has been an incredible muddle up. I originally applied for Weapons Tech, after my AST I was told my scores were good enough for other roles, so changed my application to WSOP after the guidance of a Cpl from the AFCO. After passing my CBAT with very high scores which qualified me to go for any role, I stuck with WSOP. I had my interview and was told that while I have a lot going for me, I lack leadership experience to enter as a WSOP; not enough life experience to be an officer, I was 18 at the time. After having my application reverted back to Weapons Tech, I had my medical. This was around 5-6 months ago and the lack of communication between Capita, the AFCO, my GP and myself was astounding. I would have been better off organising the things myself as the Recruitment Medical Staff were very unhelpful, along with my GP being useless.

After a very long wait for a medical report to be compiled, it's finally up for review by the medical doctors tomorrow!

Being stuck at this one phase for such a long time, I've forgotten what my next steps will be, providing my medical report is okay etc. Would be very thankful if somebody could bring me up to date with what's next!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Your next step is to look at the Recruitment website, where you will find all the info you need.
ck1999_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Surnia)
Your next step is to look at the Recruitment website, where you will find all the info you need.
Where about on the website? This was my first thought but I can't seem to find anything?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You haven't got any written information from the AFCO or your presentation about joining up as a Weapons Tech, and can't Google 'RAF airman application process'? That's worrying.

There, you've got 2 hints. Get on it quickly to make sure you are up to standard for the next stage.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (208)
57.46%
I don't have everything I need (154)
42.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise