Do any other girls have fordyce spots?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have darker skin around my vagina so the fordyce spots are more visible. I was wondering if any other girls have them and if another has ever commented on them. I’m quite self conscious of them?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
I do too. I’m a virgin so don’t have any experience with people seeing them but I’ve always been self-conscious about the thought of it.

Most people have some blemish, acne, etc. There aren’t many people who are completely flawless - and I think partners need to just accept that about each other.

Of course someone might ask about them if they don’t know what they are, and I know that sounds mortifying, but any decent person wouldn’t care once they’ve been told what they are...

(I don’t know if this helped at all but you’re not alone. They’re fairly common.)
Anonymous #1
Thank you. This has made me feel better about them. I’ve put off having sex because I’m so self conscious about them. I might pop into my GP and see what can be done about them.
(Original post by Anonymous)
I do too. I’m a virgin so don’t have any experience with people seeing them but I’ve always been self-conscious about the thought of it.

Most people have some blemish, acne, etc. There aren’t many people who are completely flawless - and I think partners need to just accept that about each other.

Of course someone might ask about them if they don’t know what they are, and I know that sounds mortifying, but any decent person wouldn’t care once they’ve been told what they are...

(I don’t know if this helped at all but you’re not alone. They’re fairly common.)
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Thank you. This has made me feel better about them. I’ve put off having sex because I’m so self conscious about them. I might pop into my GP and see what can be done about them.
There is nothing that can be done - they are purely cosmetic.
Anonymous #1
I read that they can offer tropical cream.
There is nothing that can be done - they are purely cosmetic.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
I have them too . I’m a bit conscious of them but most people aren’t going to be bothered by them I think . They are begin and not contagious . But I’d be lying if I said I liked mine but they are a part of me 😂
What helps me feel less conscious is the question would I be bothered about someone else’s fordyce spots ? And my answer is no . We are only human and we can’t be perfect, they’re just a part of our anatomy x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (99)
5.09%
Uncertainty around my education (291)
14.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (205)
10.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (272)
13.99%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (85)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (111)
5.71%
Loneliness (169)
8.69%
Financial worries (69)
3.55%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.42%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (171)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (186)
9.57%

Watched Threads