Favourite energy drink to get you through Watch

Poll: favourite energy drink?
Coffee - instant, cafetiere or espresso (26)
26.8%
Red Bull - gives you wings (18)
18.56%
Lucozade - tastes like crap, 'proven competitive advantage' (13)
13.4%
Sainsbury's Blue Bolt - cheap red bull: tastes the same, quarter of the price (12)
12.37%
Relentless- awesome can, looks like beer. (19)
19.59%
Alcohol - counter productive, no? (2)
2.06%
Other (7)
7.22%
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
So it's exam time in oxford for students and applicants have their A level exams etc. I'm procrastinating and 'how can i improve my chances' threads are kinda boring- favourite energy drink to get you through the late nights. I'm sat here with a litre of sainsbury's Blue Bolt imitation red bull, and there's an espresso machine in the corner.

In case this isn't oxford related enough- Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford, Oxford!
Boolean Julian
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
espresso any day. I make it so strong it's practically viscous.
Huw Davies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went on the caffeine pills when I was doing my dissertation, and it was tremendously bad for me. Tend to avoid getting through things pharmacologically now.
epitome
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have to say that I'm entirely against people using any kind of stimulant to get themselves through exams (or almost anything else). Our minds and bodies are generally perfectly able to do it themselves, if we look after them -- indeed, in the long term, they're much better for 'the natural way'. If I'm stupid enough to be badly organised and choose to do an all-nighter, I do it with plenty of water and fruit (and usually a well-timed bowl of cereals). If I'm tired of revision/work, I'll go to the gym. If I'm just too tired, I go to sleep.

The nmber of caffeine-fuelled drinks and pills around at this time of year is alarming, and mostly unnecessary. People can get very ill from over-use of these, and I would advocate steering well clear. Bananas do wonders.

But still, good luck to all.
twistme
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I selected blue bolt, but I actually drink the Tesco version - kick?
username138106
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have drunk one can of Red Bull before every public exam since age 16. Have done pretty well. Correlation, therefore causation.

For revision, Lucozade orange.
User192499
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Relentless all the way. Two cans, and you WILL be bouncing off the ceiling with unexplainable twitching movements in every limb.
thomasjtl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
For my last problem sheet of term in my first year (hilary, i think) i drank my way through half a bag of coffee- i couldn't actually sit down, which was kinda counterproductive.

Advice to novice coffee drinkers- dark roast=less caffine, light roast=more caffine. So buy the Jamaican Blue Mountain, go on the rah inside you wants to and now you have a reason.
Turdburger
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Relentless............
Agrippina
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Coffee is the only one of the drinks in that poll that I've actually tried and it does nothing for me
ixivxivi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The quickest, least painful (and, surprisingly, not the most error-filled) problem sheet I've ever done was after 4 glasses of wine. Ironically it was my college subject dinner that fed me the wine, and I was in a dipsy kind of tisp in the lecture by my tutor the next morning (I seem to do this at the moment - I'll be soberish on the night, jollily drunk when I wake up, and hideous in a couple of hours).
strawberry fields
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lucozade
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Blue Bolt - I'm not shelling out £1.20 just for a can of fizzy caffeine! I would say sugary coffee, but I normally get my caffeine kicks at school, and I can't get coffee there so I take blue bolt.
ixivxivi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You were wrong, thomas - it doesn't seem to be obviously oxfordy enough.
RJFarmer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its funny you say that about relentless... On my first day working in a spar, I asked someone to provide ID so they could buy some relentless lol
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yay coffee
And Pro-Plus as well, if we're talking stimulants more generally
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mochas aren't proper coffee.
Boolean Julian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
Mochas aren't proper coffee.
What about my vanilla frappucino?
Laus
Report 10 years ago
I voted Redbull :sw: but then I saw coffee :coffee: . Still, diet Redbull is awesome :love:.

:tea: should be on the list! Tea can have more caffeine than coffee, you know .

:trytofly:

Laus
CarneLevare
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can't quite get over the ridiculousness of Relentless. It's baditude in a can.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (185)
80.43%
Leave (45)
19.57%

Watched Threads