Roaccutane and rhinoplasty? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi so I’m meant to be starting accurate next month but I’m also planning on getting a nose job and now I’ve heard you can’t do both at the same time? Does anyone know if this is true? Would you recommend the nose job or the accurate first? How long would I have to wait after the nose job to start the accutane?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi so I’m meant to be starting accurate next month but I’m also planning on getting a nose job and now I’ve heard you can’t do both at the same time? Does anyone know if this is true? Would you recommend the nose job or the accurate first? How long would I have to wait after the nose job to start the accutane?
ask your dermatologist what the best thing to do is.
StormyOcean
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think it really depends on the reasons behind the rhinoplasty. If its cosmetic I would probably wait till after accutane as accutane will make your skin very sensitive and I doubt they would do both simultaneously. But if the rhinoplasty is for medical reasons (e.g. problems breathing) that is obviously important and depending on how severe it is should be addressed first. I'd talk to your GP or dermatologist
Anonymous #2
Report 3 weeks ago
I hope you found an answer but I stumbled across this from google so in case anyone else needs an answer -
Best practice suggests 6 month wait following Roacutane. I didn’t know about this and just had Rhinoplasty (nose job) 7 days go only waiting about 6 weeks after stopping a 6-7 month second course of Roacutane.
So far so good, it’s only been a week, I’ve read it can cause scarring/skin healing issues due to skin sensitivity so if I’d have known I’d have waited longer before having it.
Personally I’d do this Roacutane first again, because the healing process, bandages and splint etc on your nose and face is uncomfortable already, I can’t imagine how much worse it would be if you had acne too. Also the acne might impair the healing process especially if you get spots on the nose or near the incisions. More importantly acne associated bacteria could cause infection following rhinoplasty!
ساره
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Realself.com might be helpful as you can ask Drs questions for free.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (153)
19.17%
Labour (407)
51%
Liberal Democrats (109)
13.66%
Green Party (42)
5.26%
Brexit Party (10)
1.25%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.5%
SNP (14)
1.75%
Plaid Cymru (4)
0.5%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (6)
0.75%
SDLP (1)
0.13%
Ulster Unionist (4)