81-year-old BANNED from wearing a bikini in her own house Watch

z-hog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
A grandmother was slapped with an order banning her from wearing her bikini in her own garden.

Kathleen 'Kay' Crane, 81, was ordered not to wear the two piece in view of children at a neighbouring nursery, including inside her house if she was near the windows.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...model-16466019

That concludes the sampling of life in Britain for the week. Brexiteers being visited by the police, people taking a terminally ill dog to a beach fined and this old bag banned from wearing what she likes at home.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)

That concludes the sampling of life in Britain for the week. Brexiteers being visited by the police, people taking a terminally ill dog to a beach fined and this old bag banned from wearing what she likes at home.
You do love to get enraged by your stories. You do love to misrepresent what those stories are.
You fail to mention this has more to being a dispute with a neighbouring nursery which she disagrees with and has been shouting at, staring at and freaking out the children next door. Thats why she has an ASBO.
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
“We have tried to work with Ms Crane as much as possible, and whilst wearing a bikini is not a breach of the undertaking agreed in Court, staring at the children, shouting at the children and watching the children playing whilst wearing a bikini in full view are some of the repeated behaviours that have caused concern and are classed as a breach of the undertaking.”
z-hog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
You do love to get enraged by your stories. You do love to misrepresent what those stories are.
You fail to mention this has more to being a dispute with a neighbouring nursery which she disagrees with and has been shouting at, staring at and freaking out the children next door. Thats why she has an ASBO.
So you can explain what the problem with the bikini is.
the beer
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
You wouldn't be saying this if it was a man, bloody feminists, excuse any behavior as long as it's from a woman.
Xarao
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
You clearly have no reasoning/form of brain cells left, or you're the 81 year old.

Which is it?
999tigger
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
Because she has form in harassing and upsetting the children at the nursery and happens to be wearing her bikini at the same time, which they find upsetting. As she obviously has a dispute with the nursery, then they feel its all deliberate to get at the children. Thats why its an asbo.
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
There might be something wrong with the CPN system though... seems that you can get hit with one if you have an argument that can be heard from a neighbouring dwelling *cough* Boris Johnson *cough*
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
CPNs are an absolute travesty.

In this case, I am more concerned about why a nursery is wrapped around a private homes garden? There article says that the grouns of the nursery wrap around the private garden of the old lady.. that seems like an awful arrangement that should have never been allowed to happen.

As for her in a bikini, I can't see any nursery age kid being even the slightest bit bothered.. I work with kids that age every week, they wouldn't give two shits about an old lady in a bikini.. they see plent of them at the pool and down the beach, and they don't view things in a sexual or adult way at all.. What's far more likely is that parents and teachers have got funny about it, and are using the kids as an excuse.

As for watching/stairing at kids. if they are playing in a playground that wraps around your garden, no **** are you going to watch them sometimes..

The one that would be a problem for me is shouting at them - which is the one that the old lady denies, so without evidence I can't believe either side.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Joinedup)
There might be something wrong with the CPN system though... seems that you can get hit with one if you have an argument that can be heard from a neighbouring dwelling *cough* Boris Johnson *cough*
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
CPNs are an absolute travesty.
You have both hit the nail on the head (although hopefully not too loudly or late at night).

When ASBOs were created, the Council or the Police applied for them and a Magistrates Court made them. That meant that there was an independent quality control process without the recipient having to do anything.

A CPN is made by a policeman or a council officer. Only if the recipient appeals (there is no legal aid) does anyone else look at the terms of CPN. And of course a CPN may be perfectly justified, but not in the terms in which the policeman or council employee made it.

In this case it would have been reasonable to impose a CPN forbidding her from shouting at small children from her garden but it clearly wasn't appropriate to ban her from wearing a bikini in her garden.

However, if she had instructed a lawyer, she is going to want to appeal the entire CPN. The lawyer is going to dissuade her from doing that, so the absurd bikini restriction remains.
Last edited by nulli tertius; 3 weeks ago
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by z-hog)
On an 81 year old? Seriously? ew.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Shouting at kids unacceptable, wearing a bikini is probably better than what many wear for a night out.
-Eirlys-
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Wow, that's really crazy.
(Original post by z-hog)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (121)
19.45%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (58)
9.32%
No I am happy with my course choice (351)
56.43%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (92)
14.79%

Watched Threads