Prom Makeup Advice Watch

goldilocks12
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello! I’m looking for advice from people who wear makeup often because I rarely wear any unless it’s a special occasion and I have my last prom next week.
My dress is red and my bag, shoes and bracelet are all silver (but my shoes and bag won’t be in any photos). I have blonde hair and blue eyes so I usually wear copper eyeshadow when I need to but I’m wondering if that would look weird with a red dress? I could also wear silver eyeshadow but would that look ok with blue eyes?
If someone could suggest which one would be better (or something completely different) I’d really appreciate it! Thanks
.Sophie-Mae.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'd go red lipstick for sure if I were you, but it depends on you because different people suit different things. For example, where I look good in red lipstick, my sister looks better with pink. I'd decide based off what suits you best. And what shade of blue are your eyes? If they're really light, silver may not work, but if they are darker blue, it will work better. A good idea is to type into google makeup ideas for a red dress and see what comes up
(Original post by goldilocks12)
Hello! I’m looking for advice from people who wear makeup often because I rarely wear any unless it’s a special occasion and I have my last prom next week.
My dress is red and my bag, shoes and bracelet are all silver (but my shoes and bag won’t be in any photos). I have blonde hair and blue eyes so I usually wear copper eyeshadow when I need to but I’m wondering if that would look weird with a red dress? I could also wear silver eyeshadow but would that look ok with blue eyes?
If someone could suggest which one would be better (or something completely different) I’d really appreciate it! Thanks
annabarton1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Prom is the perfect time to try out a spray or false tan! Especially with your hair and eye colour and your red dress, it could add an extra wow factor to your look!
Lxllipop
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by goldilocks12)
Coming from a qualified MUA -
If you have pale, cool toned skin (veins are blue on wrist) then I’d go for silver eyeshadow.
If you have warm toned skin (greeny veins on wrist) then I’d go for bronze eyeshadow.
If you’re wearing a red dress, I’d go for a neutral lip as you want the dress to be the main point of attention. I’d also go for contour, highlight and false lashes too for you prom.
I hope this helps, this is just my opinion but I’m sure you’ll look beaut in any way!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads