Articultr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm starting a biology degree in September. The course is very flexible in that you get to choose most of your modules and only 1 or 2 are compulsory. My issue is that I can't decide whether to go down the human biology route or the conservation/animal biology route. My passion since I was little is animals and I know those are the modules I would love to study and would enjoy learning about. However I feel like it is fairly hard to get a job in animal conservation and if you do it's very low paying whereas human biology opens up a lot more job opportunities in the future (such as in healthcare). I feel like picking human biology modules is a much safer route but then I wouldn't be studying the things I'm most passionate about. I'm stuck between picking modules that would be safer in the future but I wouldn't enjoy as much or picking modules that I really enjoy but might make it harder to find a job after uni help!!!
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
A bachelors degree in this field is not going to be enough to get a job no matter what route you go down. With animal work you will need a lot of work experience and possibly further study and the same goes for human biology work. You should really pick what interests you and go from there.
(Original post by Articultr)
I'm starting a biology degree in September. The course is very flexible in that you get to choose most of your modules and only 1 or 2 are compulsory. My issue is that I can't decide whether to go down the human biology route or the conservation/animal biology route. My passion since I was little is animals and I know those are the modules I would love to study and would enjoy learning about. However I feel like it is fairly hard to get a job in animal conservation and if you do it's very low paying whereas human biology opens up a lot more job opportunities in the future (such as in healthcare). I feel like picking human biology modules is a much safer route but then I wouldn't be studying the things I'm most passionate about. I'm stuck between picking modules that would be safer in the future but I wouldn't enjoy as much or picking modules that I really enjoy but might make it harder to find a job after uni help!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (217)
33.8%
No (425)
66.2%

Watched Threads