If we all turned vegans.... Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If vegans want everyone to be vegan, there wouldn’t be much plants for both us, animals and humans, to survive on right? Because we will be fighting over the plants and maybe we might even start eating each other lool....
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If vegans want everyone to be vegan, there wouldn’t be much plants for both us, animals and humans, to survive on right? Because we will be fighting over the plants and maybe we might even start eating each other lool....
:lol: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl3:

YES Let's all eat meat again!
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No, there would be plenty to eat.
KermitTheFrog
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I'm not sure if this is the strongest argument that's ever been made against veganism.... But you're right, us humans will find something to fight over no matter what we do
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Poor attempt at trolling... Try harder next time.
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If more people were vegan, there would be MORE food, not less. Most farm animals whose products we eat are fed crops grown on land that could grow crops for OUR consumption. And it's much more efficient to eat the plant-based food directly, than to feed it to animals and then eat the animals.

This is, in fact, a very good argument for veganism: In a world full of starving people, is it ethical to produce food less efficiently than we could be producing it?
acernine
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
No system is 100% efficient - every time something is eaten energy is lost and the higher up the food chain you go the more energy is wasted (search for pyramids of biomass). Plant based diets are the most efficient way we can get energy, short of learning to photosynthesise.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sinfonietta)
No, there would be plenty to eat.
No we wouldn’t. They’ll be loads of animals and loads of humans
Anonymous #1
(Original post by KermitTheFrog)
I'm not sure if this is the strongest argument that's ever been made against veganism.... But you're right, us humans will find something to fight over no matter what we do
Thank you😂😂
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ecolier)
:lol: :laugh: :rofl: :rofl3:

YES Let's all eat meat again!
Exactly! And then us humans will end up being meat eaters anyways
Anonymous #1
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
If more people were vegan, there would be MORE food, not less. Most farm animals whose products we eat are fed crops grown on land that could grow crops for OUR consumption. And it's much more efficient to eat the plant-based food directly, than to feed it to animals and then eat the animals.

This is, in fact, a very good argument for veganism: In a world full of starving people, is it ethical to produce food less efficiently than we could be producing it?
Erm....how will there be more food? Wouldn’t we all be eating plants? Everything finishes uno
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Erm....how will there be more food? Wouldn’t we all be eating plants? Everything finishes uno
Read my comment all the way through please.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I don’t really see the point of going vegan for ethical reasons unless you make it illegal to not be vegan because even whilst you’re abstaining from buying meat products multiple others will be buying them; so the demand will still be there
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
ew i would never eat a human yuck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CHANELDIAMONDS)
ew i would never eat a human yuck
Ok
pinesandapples2001
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
I don’t really see the point of going vegan for ethical reasons unless you make it illegal to not be vegan because even whilst you’re abstaining from buying meat products multiple others will be buying them; so the demand will still be there
Honestly, sometimes I get frustrated at the little impact I have on the world. But I believe that to see change you have to be the change. I don't want to Contribute to the killing of animals so I don't. I also believe in the ripple effect. Like my friends when inviting me to meals accommodate for my diet, and being a vegan sparks interest and conversations with other people. And it's better than nothing for sure, we're reducing deman for meat and increasing deman for more vegan alternatives.
pinesandapples2001
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)

THIS. Yes.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
THIS. Yes.
AngryRedhead
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you think you have little impact then honestly why do you continue to do it? I see your point but honestly it’s one of those things that unless everybody does it there’s no point as there will always be demand for animal products and therefore there will always be animal suffering
(Original post by pinesandapples2001)
Honestly, sometimes I get frustrated at the little impact I have on the world. But I believe that to see change you have to be the change. I don't want to Contribute to the killing of animals so I don't. I also believe in the ripple effect. Like my friends when inviting me to meals accommodate for my diet, and being a vegan sparks interest and conversations with other people. And it's better than nothing for sure, we're reducing deman for meat and increasing deman for more vegan alternatives.
pinesandapples2001
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by AngryRedhead)
If you think you have little impact then honestly why do you continue to do it? I see your point but honestly it’s one of those things that unless everybody does it there’s no point as there will always be demand for animal products and therefore there will always be animal suffering
Looking at the global collective, you actually do realise there is a huge vegan movement. And if you're vegan you're part of it. And I think the number of vegans will increase day by day not decrease, so change is on the way. And times are always changing. It's impossible to predict the future. I live by my morals, and I don't feel comfortable killing animals, that's why I don't eat meat. And I save about 300 animals a year so that's worth something.
Last edited by pinesandapples2001; 2 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (219)
23.7%
Pop (228)
24.68%
Jazz (35)
3.79%
Classical (56)
6.06%
Hip-Hop (172)
18.61%