The Student Room Group

Triple science help

Hi,
I am currently in year 10 and I would like to do triple science. However I am in set 2 and currently doing combined science. I have spoken to my teachers about moving up but everytime I have tried they have either ignored it or rejected me and I have tried multiple times.

There are people who are doing triple who would like to swap with me and have personally asked me.
This year we have finished paper 1 and only just started paper 2 (we have no more lessons )so there hasn't been a lot of triple content. In year 9 sets 1 and 2 were taught triple content so I haven't missed much except the year 10 content which I have been trying to catch up with.

My target grade is an 8 for science and I achieve 6,7,8 grades (which is higher than some people doing triple).

Last year at the end of year 9 you had to get an average of grade 6 to move up in chemistry, biology,and physics I got PHYSICS - 6 chemistry-4 and in biology I was one mark from an 8 !!!!which would, have got me into set 1.However most of my friends who moved up only got 5s and 6s in their sciences and even though I had been achieving projected grades of 7s through out the year the head of science. still said no .

This year Many set 1s have spoken to me recently and have said that you can move up as the head of science said we will give the resources for people who replace people who move down from set 1 to revise over the summer holidays.

I know this was really long but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me of how I could approach my head of science and hopefully get into set 1.

I am determined to do whatever it takes and I have been and will learn all the content.

Many thanks
This advice probaly isnt very helpful cuz i know u have already tired tlaking to the head of year but I think you should try tlaking to them agian, cuz thats the only way youre going to get moved up- you wont be able to move up if you do nothign at all, so instead I think you shoukd just try tlakign to them agian, abd tell them about your situation. Worst case scenario, you wotn get moved up, but atleast you tried and u wont feel guilty in the future for not tryign at ll xx dont know if this is helpful or what? Hope everythign turns out ok
Original post by Study6315
Hi,
I am currently in year 10 and I would like to do triple science. However I am in set 2 and currently doing combined science. I have spoken to my teachers about moving up but everytime I have tried they have either ignored it or rejected me and I have tried multiple times.

There are people who are doing triple who would like to swap with me and have personally asked me.
This year we have finished paper 1 and only just started paper 2 (we have no more lessons )so there hasn't been a lot of triple content. In year 9 sets 1 and 2 were taught triple content so I haven't missed much except the year 10 content which I have been trying to catch up with.

My target grade is an 8 for science and I achieve 6,7,8 grades (which is higher than some people doing triple).

Last year at the end of year 9 you had to get an average of grade 6 to move up in chemistry, biology,and physics I got PHYSICS - 6 chemistry-4 and in biology I was one mark from an 8 !!!!which would, have got me into set 1.However most of my friends who moved up only got 5s and 6s in their sciences and even though I had been achieving projected grades of 7s through out the year the head of science. still said no .

This year Many set 1s have spoken to me recently and have said that you can move up as the head of science said we will give the resources for people who replace people who move down from set 1 to revise over the summer holidays.

I know this was really long but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me of how I could approach my head of science and hopefully get into set 1.

I am determined to do whatever it takes and I have been and will learn all the content.

Many thanks
Reply 2
Thank you so mcuh
Original post by vix.xvi
This advice probaly isnt very helpful cuz i know u have already tired tlaking to the head of year but I think you should try tlaking to them agian, cuz thats the only way youre going to get moved up- you wont be able to move up if you do nothign at all, so instead I think you shoukd just try tlakign to them agian, abd tell them about your situation. Worst case scenario, you wotn get moved up, but atleast you tried and u wont feel guilty in the future for not tryign at ll xx dont know if this is helpful or what? Hope everythign turns out ok

Quick Reply

Latest