anxiety-body burning! Watch

jemima0103
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
i'm 16 and i suffer from really bad anxiety. I was put on fluoxetine on Monday, but i've been so stressed this week. Yesterday i was so scared and i went to A&E last night. Normally when i get stressed i would have chest pain and my heart rate would incresase but this felt completely different. My heart rate was normal but i felt like i couldn't breathe and that my body was burning.
I had blood tests done and an ecg, and they checked me and i told them everything and they said there is nothing physically wrong with me it's just my anxiety, but now my arms and body are burning again and i feel like this is worse and that i'm going to die. Is this just anxiety?
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, it's anxiety. Are you getting any therapy?
jemima0103
Rep:
?
not at the moment but i wish i could. I wish that i could speak to someone who knows that it's definitely anxiety. I think it's also side effects of the medication. It just felt so different so that's why i went to A&E. Hopefully it will calm down a bit once i've been taking the medicine for a while
(Original post by black tea)
Yes, it's anxiety. Are you getting any therapy?
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jemima0103)
not at the moment but i wish i could. I wish that i could speak to someone who knows that it's definitely anxiety. I think it's also side effects of the medication. It just felt so different so that's why i went to A&E. Hopefully it will calm down a bit once i've been taking the medicine for a while
You've been to A&E and they told you it's anxiety. There is a lot of stuff on-line about dealing with anxiety. Eg - this self-help guide https://www.moodjuice.scot.nhs.uk/Anxiety.asp
jemima0103
Rep:
?
thank you. I think i know deep down that it's just anxiety plus my medication.
Just difficult when i have tension and tightness in my chest and arms and also little bits of pain, especially on the side where the heart is. Just need to keep telling myself that i'm physically fine, i'm a healthy 16 year old
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jemima0103)
thank you. I think i know deep down that it's just anxiety plus my medication.
Just difficult when i have tension and tightness in my chest and arms and also little bits of pain, especially on the side where the heart is. Just need to keep telling myself that i'm physically fine, i'm a healthy 16 year old
It's hard, but you will learn how to deal with those feelings better with time. I hope the medications starts to help soon.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Hi, do you know how to ease the chest pain off quicker, i think we might have similar pains on the chest esoecually on the left. Its like very tight and compressed and being stabbed in the same time. Just wanna know if theres anything that can make it go away quicker as i have this like nearly every night.
Thx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
rjckk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm sorry to hear that.
Are you studying in high school?Do you study well? Is it where stress come?
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
normally i try a hot water bottle to relax me and makes the pain feel less severe.
It's horrible and can be so unpredictable though. It's just annoying that it's just anxiety and not actually anything physical
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, do you know how to ease the chest pain off quicker, i think we might have similar pains on the chest esoecually on the left. Its like very tight and compressed and being stabbed in the same time. Just wanna know if theres anything that can make it go away quicker as i have this like nearly every night.
Thx
jemima0103
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I've been feeling a lot better recently, just quite lethargic and fatigued which i think is mainly due to me not going out and just lounging around the house for the past week.
still get little moments where i get a sense of dread and worry about everything and that i'm going to die, but i'm trying to manage it.
going back to doctors this week because i need a new prescription so hopefully we can talk about me having some sort of counselling. i definitively need someone to talk to now that I've finished school for summer
Last edited by jemima0103; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
I do alright in school (a levels) but when i was doing my end of year exam, i think the anxiety stuff that was going on for a very long time kind of affected my grades. Stress mainly came from family problems though, didnt really help when it was exams’ week.
(Original post by rjckk)
I'm sorry to hear that.
Are you studying in high school?Do you study well? Is it where stress come?
rjckk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Ha?Are you the thread starter?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I do alright in school (a levels) but when i was doing my end of year exam, i think the anxiety stuff that was going on for a very long time kind of affected my grades. Stress mainly came from family problems though, didnt really help when it was exams’ week.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (153)
17.83%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.74%
No I am happy with my course choice (506)
58.97%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (124)
14.45%

Watched Threads