Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have not been sleeping well for a while now. I feel sleepy but cannot sleep. I know why I cannot sleep. I am just so stressed about moving to a new place, new school, new friends and so on.

Arrrgghh. So annoying. When will it pass. I long for a proper nights sleep and not been on TSR at 3.50 in the morning!

Any amazing ideas other than knocking myself out much appreciated!

Alex.

ReputationRep:
    Why in the hell did you move to Belfast? What area are you in?

Masturbation always help relax.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it.

And posting this at 4AM: You're preaching to the choir. Which is probably best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irishgalalex)
    I have not been sleeping well for a while now. I feel sleepy but cannot sleep. I know why I cannot sleep. I am just so stressed about moving to a new place, new school, new friends and so on.

Arrrgghh. So annoying. When will it pass. I long for a proper nights sleep and not been on TSR at 3.50 in the morning!

Any amazing ideas other than knocking myself out much appreciated!

Alex.
    Roll your eyes up into the back of your head and hold them there for about a minute. (nope not kidding at all)

ReputationRep:
    Getting yourself into a good night-time routine may help.

Try go to bed at the same time each night as it gets you into a nice sleep pattern.

I've always found that having a warm bath or shower and a hot chocolate helps a great deal. Then I read a few chapters.

I do know the situtation can get very frustrating. I used to suffer with awful insomnia till around 6 months ago but getting into a nice pattern definately helped me get rid of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Getting yourself into a good night-time routine may help.

Try go to bed at the same time each night as it gets you into a nice sleep pattern.

I've always found that having a warm bath or shower and a hot chocolate helps a great deal. Then I read a few chapters.

I do know the situtation can get very frustrating. I used to suffer with awful insomnia till around 6 months ago but getting into a nice pattern definately helped me get rid of the problem.
    I think you are right about a pattern. That has helped in the last week or so.

I find because I'm sleeping so lightly I wake up at anything. The pesky birds starting at 3.30 each morning for the last 3 days!

ReputationRep:
    Try to sleep earlier. That's what i did yesterday. I've been deprived of sleep for the past few days, due to prolonged lounging on TSR=(

I was having headache and just felt so tired for that few days..so, i slept at 8pm last night and woke up at 9 today. Here i am! Totally refreshed and energetic again!!

ReputationRep:
    It'll come to pass at 5.30am.

[QUOTE=Hylean]Why in the hell did you move to Belfast? What area are you in?

in all fairness...she moved from leicester..........anywayz OP, watch takeshi's castle

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=notts-lad-08]
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Why in the hell did you move to Belfast? What area are you in?

in all fairness...she moved from leicester..........anywayz OP, watch takeshi's castle
    Notts lad were you out tonight?

Notts lad were you out tonight?[/QUOTE]

nope...skint...and tis a sunday:ninja:
    takeshi's castle is good though

ReputationRep:
    Me too. but mine got worse over the years, back when I was 15/16 I was asleep most times by Midnight though tended to stay up late Sunday(though I had to get up for school at 7am!) often till ike 5am and felt sick but could handle it. I always woke up around 7am in holidays and 6am at weekend for cartoons(back when they were good!)

Then when I left home at 17 most nights was midnight and was awake by 10am 11am sometimes never after 12.

After I moved back home at 19 for a while my sleep pattern started degrading as my dad stopped waking me up at 11am each morning moaning at me and threatening me with a cold flannel and covering my bed with a bowl of water, and maybe once a week or fortnight I slept till 3pm(normally Sundays)

Gone was my routine till it got worse, though often it was 2am I went to bed and rarely later unless I went on a night drinking and wasnt back till 2.30 and went to bed around 3.25am

Then I moved somewhere else when I was 21 and then started going to bed at 3am daily.

That continued for about 2 years till I first got broadband and started playing online games till like 10am in morning and sleeping during the day and even when a year later I had it disconnected I still went to bed at like 6am woke up 4pm and gradually got better when I worked part time, then went back to college.

But when I moved to a place 2 years ago and got 8 meg broadband I started going to bed late again as I was up late on online games(though not as much as wasnt as interested) and downloading comics or tv shows or movies that I hadnt seen in over 10 years and that werent released on DVD or in the UK at all

Its contributed to my depression a lot, and my depression is made worse by the fact in 25 and accomplished nothing in life, I dropped out of college twice due to stress, have to resit my exams this year as I had a chest infection at exam time

But I think lack of vitamins etc are whats affecting me, I started taking them every day for 2 weeks then perked up, then started going back to gym and perked up some more, then my sleeping pattern got better.

Then I stopped taking the vitamins and my sleep pattern changed to 5am again after a few days and me sleeping 12 hours a day.

Started taking vitamins again after 2 weeks of not and started perking up again.

So its diet and stress related lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Roll your eyes up into the back of your head and hold them there for about a minute. (nope not kidding at all)
    How does this help? Genuinely curious here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyril Sneer's Nose)
    How does this help? Genuinely curious here.
    Its a reflex I think, though I am not entirely sure exactly. It came from a hypnosis book I read, and surprising works quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Its a reflex I think, though I am not entirely sure exactly. It came from a hypnosis book I read, and surprising works quite well.
    Cool might have to try it tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cyril Sneer's Nose)
    Cool might have to try it tonight

I just tried it. It seems like a good way to get a headache. I'm still wide awake as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irishgalalex)
    I just tried it. It seems like a good way to get a headache. I'm still wide awake as well!
    There is a hypnosis script that goes with it (sorry dont have it ), and like most hypnosis techniques you have to (a) want it and (b) have some faith it will work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 9, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.