How to clearly understand content and apply it

Watch this thread
R.E.E
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi. I am currently on my year 12 thus year and I really need help on How to study my content and most importantly how to apply it. I always learn my lessons by memorizing but I know that's not going to work for a subject like psychology. I have a hard time applying what I learn as well.
Hdeinso
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Completing past papers definitely helps in Psychology and maybe try doing a mind map on as much information as you can remember
hehe_x
Badges: 14
Report 2 years ago
You can only apply your knowledge once it's actually been fully learnt, understood and processed. You have to memorize initially to learn the content, especially for such a content heavy course like Psych, but often it happens that despite knowing a fact/theory/case study you aren't able to recall it and link it to an application question in an exam or whatever, so for this to happen the info must be in the front of your mind. This can only happen if you're constantly going over facts multiple times and really learn it inside out. Then you'll definitely be able to link the question to a certain topic as it is accessible, aka application. Really go over every single point in the syllabus and make sure you know it fully.

and of course this application skill must be practised so past papers, exam style questions are going to be your best friend.
the more you do this "accessing your mind" thing I've been on about the better you'll perform in the exam.
Last edited by hehe_x; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (216)
42.52%
The paper was reasonable (219)
43.11%
Not feeling great about that exam... (46)
9.06%
It was TERRIBLE (27)
5.31%

Watched Threads