The Student Room Group

Gaps? Braces ? TEETH GAP?!!!

So I’ve had 4 teeth taken out for my braces and have had the braces in for a few months. The gaps seem big and I feel like my teeth will spread out too much and there will be gaps between each individual teeth. Has anyone experienced something relating to this? Will the gaps of the 4 teeth be filled and how I just am scared I’ll have gaps in between every single tooth and I’m horrified!!!
i was literally feeling the exact same way when i had to have 4 teeth removed for braces. i was so worried with so much more space in my mouth because of -4 teeth id have gaps everywhere. its been almost 3 years i had braces (i know...) and there arent any gaps between my teeth. well actually theres a few but its tough to notice and doesnt feel weird at all. any gaps i have are very tiny, basically not large enough to get food stuck. my teeth are actually bang on straight unlike myself. the braces bring ur teeth together so shouldnt be many gaps, also i heard ur teeth get a bit bigger until you stop growing? so theres that 🙂
basically dont worry about gaps, it clears off once the braces do their magic
Original post by lilTrain
i was literally feeling the exact same way when i had to have 4 teeth removed for braces. i was so worried with so much more space in my mouth because of -4 teeth id have gaps everywhere. its been almost 3 years i had braces (i know...) and there arent any gaps between my teeth. well actually theres a few but its tough to notice and doesnt feel weird at all. any gaps i have are very tiny, basically not large enough to get food stuck. my teeth are actually bang on straight unlike myself. the braces bring ur teeth together so shouldnt be many gaps, also i heard ur teeth get a bit bigger until you stop growing? so theres that 🙂
basically dont worry about gaps, it clears off once the braces do their magic

Ahhh that’s very reassuring to hear but damn three years. I’ve been told 18 months and I hear they often reduce it.
Thanks let’s hope they do it’s magic !!!
Original post by Biologyforsnab
Ahhh that’s very reassuring to hear but damn three years. I’ve been told 18 months and I hear they often reduce it.
Thanks let’s hope they do it’s magic !!!

fam thats what they told me lol, "u probably gonna have it for 12 to 18 months", well i got them on start of year 9 and now its getting close to year12 and still have them. they said theyd take it off last march. liars 😤
hopefully theyre not gonna lie to you tho ngl it was pretty rude of them 😮
Original post by lilTrain
fam thats what they told me lol, "u probably gonna have it for 12 to 18 months", well i got them on start of year 9 and now its getting close to year12 and still have them. they said theyd take it off last march. liars 😤
hopefully theyre not gonna lie to you tho ngl it was pretty rude of them 😮

Loooool that’s pretty peak. Let’s hope I don’t end up like that, I’m in year 12 going into 13 don’t wanna be a braceface in uni fam😂😂l
I agree with the above poster; they will go away more towards the end of your treatment. If the braces don't do it then they'll give you elastic bands that will, but the gaps will definitely be gone. The whole point of the treatment is to make your teeth better, after all, not worse :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest