Wearing converse to Graduation

Watch
YourBucky
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hii All! (I'm Female)

So just looking for some advice, I want to wear some converse to Graduation. They are white/cream with coral (pink-ish) lace holes. They are actually rather pretty, low tops naturally.

I have dyspraxia so heels are a no go for obvious reasons. I don't really like ballet shoes as they never seem to fit right on my feet, they either feel too wide or they cut the back of my ankles. Converse to me are a safe bet, a comfortable safe place.

I think I will just feel better on the day wearing them, but here comes the big BUT...Do you think anybody will look at me weird or pull me up and question why I've brought trainers to Graduation (Even though they are pretty, and so not like 'trainers')

I just feel as a female there is an expectation to wear sandles and heels but that really isnt me at all

x
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YourBucky)
Hii All! (I'm Female)

So just looking for some advice, I want to wear some converse to Graduation. They are white/cream with coral (pink-ish) lace holes. They are actually rather pretty, low tops naturally.

I have dyspraxia so heels are a no go for obvious reasons. I don't really like ballet shoes as they never seem to fit right on my feet, they either feel too wide or they cut the back of my ankles. Converse to me are a safe bet, a comfortable safe place.

I think I will just feel better on the day wearing them, but here comes the big BUT...Do you think anybody will look at me weird or pull me up and question why I've brought trainers to Graduation (Even though they are pretty, and so not like 'trainers')

I just feel as a female there is an expectation to wear sandles and heels but that really isnt me at all

x
A fellow dyspraxic i wore black flats to my graduation as i can comfortably wear them for a short time, depending on how tall you are the gown might hide your shoes a bit anyway so just wear what you want to feel comfortable in. if others think anything of it then that's them being ignorant and not your issue.
YourBucky
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
A fellow dyspraxic i wore black flats to my graduation as i can comfortably wear them for a short time, depending on how tall you are the gown might hide your shoes a bit anyway so just wear what you want to feel comfortable in. if others think anything of it then that's them being ignorant and not your issue.
Hii!!

I found some 'Flatforms' in River Island and I CAN WALK IN THEM!
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by YourBucky)
Hii!!

I found some 'Flatforms' in River Island and I CAN WALK IN THEM!
I've had a pair of flatforms before, they're tricky but a brilliant compromise
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think you should try out shoes from Sketchers. My mum and I have been using them for years and it works wonders. It's like memory foam and walking on pillows, absorbs all the shock from walking.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (398)
52.23%
No (364)
47.77%

Watched Threads