supalape
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve retaken 4 exams this year for legacy Maths and F Maths and need an A*A for my firm offer. I understand that there is a process of “cashing in” to allow you to move your modules around in the legacy spec a levels. I was wondering, as I’ve re-entered for 2 Maths exams and 2 F Maths exams does this mean my exam centre has re-cashed all my modules from last year? I’m quite worried as my grade in F Maths might be potentially at risk unless a unit from my Maths (M1) can be swapped with a unit from my F Maths (S1) - which I understand will happen based on Edexcel’s grade algorithm. Sorry if my question comes across as stupid, I find this whole cash in process very confusing!
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends what you asked them to do. To maximise the flexibility of your results they needed to re-cash in any AS and A level Maths qualifications you have previously cashed-in. The simplest thing to do is cash in AS and A level Maths and AS and A level FM - that's codes 8371, 9371, 8372 and 9372. It would have been free if it was done before 21 February but costs around £5 a code now. Check and get them to do it if they haven't already.
supalape
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
It depends what you asked them to do. To maximise the flexibility of your results they needed to re-cash in any AS and A level Maths qualifications you have previously cashed-in. The simplest thing to do is cash in AS and A level Maths and AS and A level FM - that's codes 8371, 9371, 8372 and 9372. It would have been free if it was done before 21 February but costs around £5 a code now. Check and get them to do it if they haven't already.
Would the fact that I’ve never sat an AS in either subject matter? I did full Maths in year 12 and full Further in year 13 so I’ve never “formally” had an AS for either subject. Btw thanks a lot for your reply, so far no one else has been able to give me an understandable response
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by supalape)
Would the fact that I’ve never sat an AS in either subject matter? I did full Maths in year 12 and full Further in year 13 so I’ve never “formally” had an AS for either subject. Btw thanks a lot for your reply, so far no one else has been able to give me an understandable response
If you've definitely never had an AS grade then just cashing in A level Maths and FM will be sufficient - which has almost certainly already been done. (Incidentally, they should have cashed-in your Maths in Y13 along with the FM to allow the applied units to swap if it was in your interest. Did they do that?)
supalape
Rep:
?
If you've definitely never had an AS grade then just cashing in A level Maths and FM will be sufficient - which has almost certainly already been done. (Incidentally, they should have cashed-in your Maths in Y13 along with the FM to allow the applied units to swap if it was in your interest. Did they do that?)
I believe so, my S1 from year 12 was moved to further maths last year so I’m assuming that did happen. But this year I’ve more or less predicted what my lowest grade in my retake Further modules could be, and even in that worst case scenario as long as my S1 is swapped with M1 or D1 (from my normal Maths) I can get an A in Further
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I believe so, my S1 from year 12 was moved to further maths last year so I’m assuming that did happen. But this year I’ve more or less predicted what my lowest grade in my retake Further modules could be, and even in that worst case scenario as long as my S1 is swapped with M1 or D1 (from my normal Maths) I can get an A in Further
Sounds fine but it's easy to check. The cash-in code is what triggers the awarding of an overall grade. If you got an overall grade for a qualification (and a certificate) then you were cashed-in,
supalape
Rep:
?
Sounds fine but it's easy to check. The cash-in code is what triggers the awarding of an overall grade. If you got an overall grade for a qualification (and a certificate) then you were cashed-in,
I got two overall grades but never any certificates (as I knew I would retake this year). Does the fact that my centre re-entered me for both subjects this year mean that I don’t need to ask for a new cash-in?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got two overall grades but never any certificates (as I knew I would retake this year). Does the fact that my centre re-entered me for both subjects this year mean that I don’t need to ask for a new cash-in?Ask the centre for what they entered you for. It's possible to have entered you j
Ask the centre what they entered you for.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (208)
57.46%
I don't have everything I need (154)
42.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed