Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, now the first two papers are over with we have the synoptic left. Mines on the 16th june. I was just lookingfor some opinions on what others think about it or advice to people taking the exam. It sounds like a difficult exam, how does everyone else feel?

ReputationRep:
    My only tip is make sure you talk about the two topics in roughly equal proportions as there are equal marks available for each section.

I assume you'll be doing philosophy and ethics as most people appear to do this option?
    I however do philosophy and judaism.

ReputationRep:
    You actually assume wrong but i have noticed alot of people doing ethics and philosophy. I do philosophy and new testament.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dapj)
    You actually assume wrong but i have noticed alot of people doing ethics and philosophy. I do philosophy and new testament.

ah ok then. I doubt i'd be much help on that seeing as I haven't studied new testament at all (Judaism obviously doesn't cover it), The only new testament stuff i know is miracles lol.

ReputationRep:
    I do philosophy and developments in Christian thought. The rel studs department in my school is appalling and we have spent 2 lessons (2 hours, that's it) on how to answer a synoptic question, as she couldn't finish the course on time.

JEEZ I'm so scared, it's 120 marks is that right? What is the percentage weighting towards the whole A2, it's more than the other two isn't it?
    Any tips?
    x_x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kodiejelly)
    I do philosophy and developments in Christian thought. The rel studs department in my school is appalling and we have spent 2 lessons (2 hours, that's it) on how to answer a synoptic question, as she couldn't finish the course on time.

JEEZ I'm so scared, it's 120 marks is that right? What is the percentage weighting towards the whole A2, it's more than the other two isn't it?
    Any tips?
    x_x
    ...it is 20% of the A Level

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing ethics and developments in christian thought?
    Not long left now!!!!
    x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any notes they want to share with the class on:
    freewill and determinism and the nature of God
    conscience and the moral argument
    religious language and religious ethics
    freewill and the problem of evil
    ethics and psychology and sociology
    the relationship between moral behaviour and life after death????

ReputationRep:
    i'm so scared. I feel like i don't know anything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gLace)
    i'm so scared. I feel like i don't know anything
    You could try cramming now. Depends how tired you are.

Don't worry - once you have the paper in front of you, things will start coming back to you. Just read the questions carefully and remember the examiners are not trying to catch you out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futurelawyer)
    You could try cramming now. Depends how tired you are.

Don't worry - once you have the paper in front of you, things will start coming back to you. Just read the questions carefully and remember the examiners are not trying to catch you out.

ReputationRep:
    so how did everyone find it? did anyone do the route c questions?

ReputationRep:
    I cried in the exam which I enjoyed.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 16, 2008

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.