harini0804
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So, my predicted grades are ABB and i really wanted to apply to medicine. I know it's hard since my grades aren't exceptionally great but?? Can anyone give me any tips on what to do if i wanted to do medicine.
I've also booked my UCAT exam and I think i am going to take it like what if there were unis in clearing?? Idk
Help me!
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You need to be predicted AAA or you won't have a chance at getting in at all
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by harini0804)
So, my predicted grades are ABB and i really wanted to apply to medicine.
You can't this round. You'll just waste your choices and be automatically rejected from all med schools, as said already.

I know it's hard since my grades aren't exceptionally great but?? Can anyone give me any tips on what to do if i wanted to do medicine.
Do you think you'll get AAA? The best you can hope for is achieve AAA then apply for 2021 entry. Or retake to get AAA for 2021 entry.

Alternatively, if you have any circumstances (e.g. Deprived area etc) you may be eligible for medicine with a foundation year, or lower grade offers. So look carefully because if it applies to you, you may still be able to get in 2020 entry.

I've also booked my UCAT exam and I think i am going to take it like what if there were unis in clearing?? Idk
Help me!
(1) There are very very few med schools in Clearing, not officially anyway. St George's usually officially goes into Clearing for Medicine.

(2) You will still need AAA to go through Clearing, ABB just wouldn't cut it.

(3) Under normal circumstances, your UCAT scores counts for next year's entry. So take UCAT 2019 for 2020 entry. Remember the above points 1 and 2 though. You can always treat this UCAT as a practice.
harini0804
Rep:
?
(Original post by t10r)
Hi.

I am predicted ABB. My GCSEs grades are moderates (A*s and As with 3 Bs) and I am sitting the UKCAT soon.
One of the Bs may go up to an A providing I can persuade my subject teacher. However, I got a B in AS Maths and that will 95% be my predicted grade too although I will retake all AS modules next year.

Is it worth applying to medicine with ABB predicted or even AAB or should I take a gap year after my A2 and thus apply with achieved grades of AAA hopefully.
I have the same issue and I'm doing the UCAT this year to just go for it.
I am not sure what to apply for my UCAS applications since it's really unlikely for medicine with ABB
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I have the same issue and I'm doing the UCAT this year to just go for it.
I am not sure what to apply for my UCAS applications since it's really unlikely for medicine with ABB
So yeah, thanks for completely ignoring my post and the poster above me.
harini0804
Rep:
?
sorry i literally only saw your post lol im new to studentroom
(Original post by ecolier)
So yeah, thanks for completely ignoring my post and the poster above me.
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
sorry i literally only saw your post lol im new to studentroom
Don't worry about it, tell us what you think!
ADAM.NEEMA
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
you could look at foundation courses and stuff like realising opportunities
AGM
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
You will almost certainly need AAA or higher to apply for medicine at undergrad standard. Other potential options if that doesn't work out is going via the grad route... so go and do whatever degree and build experience and then apply for that. Even then, you often need the A in chemistry though. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (74)
24.18%
No (232)
75.82%

Watched Threads