The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aaron_1507
Cheers, after your persistent arguement or 'discussion' with me you still give me good advice
Rep!
:biggrin:

I don't hold grudges or anything, I just feel the need to speak up when I don't think something's quite right that's all :biggrin:. So no worries :p:
Reply 41
They only ask for 3, but I don't believe they wouldn't see 4 A's as being more of an achievement than 3A's, just because they ONLY ask for AAA usually.

That being said, I don't think they would see AABB as better than AAA, or AAAB for that matter. Sure, if you enjoy it and don't think you'll struggle at all, then by all means go for it. If you can get the AAAAA, then there's no reason not to.

As for Imperial asking students doing 4 A levels to get 4As, that's untrue; like most unis that specify 4 grades, it's AAAC.
seanw
They only ask for 3, but I don't believe they wouldn't see 4 A's as being more of an achievement than 3A's, just because they ONLY ask for AAA usually.

That being said, I don't think they would see AABB as better than AAA, or AAAB for that matter. Sure, if you enjoy it and don't think you'll struggle at all, then by all means go for it. If you can get the AAAAA, then there's no reason not to.

As for Imperial asking students doing 4 A levels to get 4As, that's untrue; like most unis that specify 4 grades, it's AAAC.

Finally someone who see's it the way i do :biggrin:
Reply 43
Renal
To you it might be, but the medical schools don't care.

i think iv seen someone with an offer for medicine from peterhouse i think with an offer of 4As
Reply 44
eulerww
i think iv seen someone with an offer for medicine from peterhouse i think with an offer of 4As
Been banned?

Well good for them, instead of having to get three As they have to get four instead, I'm not sure I'd consider that a good thing.
Reply 45
Yeah, for anyone else who's considering doing four A2s, it seriously loses its appeal come exam time- even if your offer's only for three.
:frown:
Well obviously any exam loses appeal in exam time, unless you like exams that is.
Nowadays everyone does 4 AS and many carry these on into A2 well at least in my area
Reply 48
Renal
I don't believe that any of the medical schools have ever specified 4 A2s as conditions.

You are probably right, I know that one, I think it may have been Warwick, although I'm not sure, asked for 4 in Maths last year from one of my friends.
Reply 49
lynds81
You are probably right, I know that one, I think it may have been Warwick, although I'm not sure, asked for 4 in Maths last year from one of my friends.
And were they doing four?
Reply 50
Renal
And were they doing four?

They were taking 4 A-levels anyway, so they had 4 grades specified for them, but when they talked to other people who were only taking 3, the others were just given 3 grades to get.
Reply 51
lynds81
They were taking 4 A-levels anyway, so they had 4 grades specified for them, but when they talked to other people who were only taking 3, the others were just given 3 grades to get.
Like every other example given of people doing four. I may be misunderstanding this, but what's the benefit?
Reply 52
Renal
Like every other example given of people doing four. I may be misunderstanding this, but what's the benefit?

I think the uni did it probably to stop people using 4 lower grade A-levels to get the same UMS marks, but it still seems odd.. It's the reason I dropped Biology after AS, I didn't want to have to try and get AAAA; I decided AAA was enough for me thanks!!
Reply 53
lynds81
I think the uni did it probably to stop people using 4 lower grade A-levels to get the same UMS marks,
Last I checked, only Pen wanted UCAS point and nobody gave a **** about UMS marks.
Reply 54
Renal
Last I checked, only Pen wanted UCAS point and nobody gave a **** about UMS marks.

Sorry, I'm brain-fried from too many exams today, I meant UCAS points..

Latest